Oil Pressure Issues.....????

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
by the way i wouldnt weld the flex to a coupler i would use a band clamp like a tourch tite clamp
has anybody put a charge air cooler in an 83-86 truck around here is it any different than the 87-94's

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Neat, I looked through all the pics, they might come in handy when we get started on this project.... The piping you bought off ebay was the one for a maxima? I'm just double checking....... If you find an intercooler, let me know, much appreciated help!

That is correct, I looked at a LOT of intercooler piping and decided on this setup because of the nice "U" shaped pipe for going into the motor, and the better "T" type clamps. Do a search for 3" intercooler on ebay and you will get a bunch of options.

This INTERCOOLER on E-Bay would be a good start for you becsuse it has the pipes that you may be able to fab, and the $120.00 Ford Factry boots for the IC inlet and outlet. I would watch this setup!

It's only Money!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot, I think I will take a stab at the NA idea.... What sort of filter should I use over the intake?

Preferably a stock air filter. I have one I can loan you if you want to pay the shipping. You can return it at the rally. ;Sweet

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
That ebay link didn't work, I typed in 3" intercooler and it came up with a bunch of stuff. Are you saying that any of these 3" piping kits would work. Sorry if I am asking silly questions.....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That ebay link didn't work, I typed in 3" intercooler and it came up with a bunch of stuff. Are you saying that any of these 3" piping kits would work. Sorry if I am asking silly questions.....

Here I'll try it again without getting fancy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Powe...29216118QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200229216118&

You probably don't "NEED" 3" but bigger is better I always say. Plus that is the size of the PSD Intercooler when using the Ford boots. You could downsize it to 2.5" and it would make it a little easier to run the pipes.

Holy Crap were getting a storm! gotta go...

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Awesome, that link worked, I will for sure be watching it. I also found an intercooler from an 00 7.3L but no tubing is coming with it, but still worth watching, we shall see here in a few days what happens. Thanks!

Go Big or GO HOME.......... :)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock air cleaner setup you can borrow if you want to try that till you get the turbo fixed. The filter's pretty dirty though. Let me know.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Far as the down pipe goes i got mine from Banks it was about $100 and it is a direct bolt in replacement.

As to the stuff about the crank case ventilation..........I dont believe that a K&N air filter is a problem at all since i have been running one for years on my truck. You will achieve the same type of venturi effect with the stock setup and a performance filter as you would with a road draft tube.:rolleyes:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about the Banks downpipe...they have been obsoleted though, you might still get lucky and find an old one in stock, cost you about 100 bones plus shipping, and as cowboy says it supposedly bolts to the factory turbo flange with no mods.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I forgot about the Banks downpipe...they have been obsoleted though, you might still get lucky and find an old one in stock, cost you about 100 bones plus shipping, and as cowboy says it supposedly bolts to the factory turbo flange with no mods.

Diesel JD,
I can tell you for sure that the flange bolts right up. I had no problem. I did bend the firewall flange just in case before i got the pipe in but i think it may have fit without even doing that.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I'm going to give them a call here on monday. They weren't open today, doubt I'll get lucky, since I have none..... We'll see....

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Banks about the downpipe in January and it was a no-go at that time. Perhaps one of their distributors is sitting on one but I didn't invest any time searching that way. It seemed there were new banks kits for sale on ebay for a while even after they stopped selling them so perhaps there are some out there.:dunno