Oil Leak Help

Carl bane

Reaction score
Hi guys , I have a 1995 f350 with 7.3 turbo in it. I have a awful oil leak coming from top /back of engine . I know its not valve covers or turbo or rear main what else could it be . I have a lot of these old trucks most of them 6.9/7.3 IDI non turbo but this is my only power stroke engine . I can not see back there cause I am to big to crawl back there. And thoughts on what it could be other than what I mentioned . Thanks :D

timpsd02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 02 my leak in the rear was my hpop in the front of the motor. It leaked down the valley on top and right out the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o-ring on the oil rail at the back of each head is a common leak

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's oil and not diesel? Is the valley by the fuel pump dry?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it could be a number of things like posted.
PSD's really suck for this because its not advised to pressure wash with all the damn electronics..

clean it up as much as you can and try to see what portion of the engine is leaking.

even park it on a hill and run it, so that the leak flows to the rear of the engine giving you a better idea whats leaking.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the connectors are weather pack style, and I've never had a problem pressure washing a PSD. Just do it when it is cold. My bet is the HPOP.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
All the connectors are weather pack style, and I've never had a problem pressure washing a PSD. Just do it when it is cold. My bet is the HPOP.

X 2 on this.

Toss a sandwich bag over the power steering pump cap. It can fill up with water if you go crazy with the cleaning.:eek:

timpsd02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High pressure oil pump. Located under the fuel filter reservoir. It was the source of my oil leak. Not having experience doing them before resulted in a six to seven hour job. I am just a back yard mechanic with YouTube. The parts were cheap and in the end the leak was fixed. Beats the cost of the dealership and, or a new pump. Lots of info on YouTube about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl bane

Reaction score
Ok I am used to working on the IDI engines . So the Power Stroke is a whole new breed for me . I will look on Ytube to see what all is involved in tearing down for the HPOP and repair

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be prepared to cuss alot more.
there not as easy to deal with than an IDI, but never the less, they are a great engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7