Oil Filters- What do you Use?

What brand Oil filter do you use on your IDI?

• Total voters

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purolator's house brands like group 7, powerflo, etc have all went down the tube.

Take for example the FL1A motorcraft. THe purolator house brands all shrank in size! The FL820S was replaced by a filter that handles 4 times the applications and is also half the size. Not gonna fly in my book.

The regular purolator premium plus and pureone are just fine.
On my truck, i bought like 40 baldwin filters from uhaul when they were onsale. My personal cars get motorcraft.

Before you condemn them, cut them apart and measure the ACTUAL filter element material size. External size has nothing to do with actual filter element size.

For instance, take a fram PH8, same identical size external as a FL1A, but the internal element has like half the filtering material. Last I heard, Puralator still made like 90% of motorcraft filters.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Before you condemn them, cut them apart and measure the ACTUAL filter element material size. External size has nothing to do with actual filter element size.

For instance, take a fram PH8, same identical size external as a FL1A, but the internal element has like half the filtering material. Last I heard, Puralator still made like 90% of motorcraft filters.

I HAVE cut them apart. Quality of the house brand purolator went down hill. The premium plus "classic" and pureone are still good.

My biggest complaint is their consolidation of sizes. I'll take a picture of what i mean tommorow.

DragRag

Reaction score
Tractor Supplies "house brand" oil in 15/40 wt is on sale for only $9.99 a gallon right now. Just thought I would share that, I don't think there is a lower price on oil right now anywhere else. If there is let us know?

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Microgaurd any good? Heard they were re-boxed purolator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online