Oil filter relocation

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input,
I just checked out both Amsoil, and Permacool.
I can get the dual filter relocation kit from summit. I'll probably go that route because of the ease of getting proper filters.
I'd like to run the Amsoil setup, but Filters would probably be a pain to get.
It will be a trail truck, so probably won't see too many miles to warrant a high dollar filtering system though.

The engine is out of a Van, but the filter is still in the way of the pto shaft.]

how much was the permacool kit

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't mean I would NEVER go under there again. LOL. I don't grease at every oil change.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't mean I would NEVER go under there again. LOL. I don't grease at every oil change.
Say what......you don't grease at each lube.......thats like having two slices of toast and only one gets buttered......*** is up with that?cookoo

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Say what......you don't grease at each lube.......thats like having two slices of toast and only one gets buttered......*** is up with that?cookoo

:backoff LOL our big rigs get serviced every 10,000 miles greased fuel filter oil every thing less problems out on the road
im not ****** on you mel just saying

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, but.... I bet you don't change your oil every 2000 miles. ;Really I'll grease the chassis once a year on the Moose Truck and Lady Moose. Even that is too often, when you consider they both get less than 3000 miles on them a year. The Moosestang gets changed every 5K, and I grease it every 3 months. That's probably every 6 or 7000 miles.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

If going with that setup, if you can leave more room below the remote mount , those things usually take a fram Ph8a or equivilant filter. There are a couple of regular oil filters with the same gasket and nipple thread configuration that are about twice as long, so if you could run those, it should greatly reduce any extra pressure in the system from running the remote setup.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
OK, but.... I bet you don't change your oil every 2000 miles. ;Really I'll grease the chassis once a year on the Moose Truck and Lady Moose. Even that is too often, when you consider they both get less than 3000 miles on them a year. The Moosestang gets changed every 5K, and I grease it every 3 months. That's probably every 6 or 7000 miles.

well when you put it that way then it makes perfect sence then ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online