OFFICIAL Red Head Steering Box Group Buy Thread

crabbypaul

Reaction score
I ordered mine at about 5:00 today. Thank You jhenegh for taking care of all of the details. I was also reminded by the order taker to tell everyone to be sure and mention Oil Burners group buy , I almost forgot.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Yes thank you jehegh for setting this all up. Im thinking of doing the hydro boost conversion at the same time. Does anyone know the correct new or reman hydro boost units that cone with the clip and pushrod for the master cylinder? It seem that some people say the some of the motorcraft and ac delco units come with them. I already have the pump on the truck so I just need the lines ,a filter, cooler and i will move the pin on the pedal and re weld

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday and left a message. I will call again today and hopefully have some progress. ;Sweet

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are these boxes a good quality? I got a reman box from autozone 6 months ago and it feels loose already. I have all new front end parts on a 2wd. I see there's a very involved bleeding process on their website. I didn't let mine sit overnight could that be the cause for being loose? I've retightend the steering column clamp it's not that.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Google around and you'll find many different truck forums, car forums, etc. Everything I've read is that these are some of the best that money can buy. I don't have firsthand experience (yet), but there's nary a bad review out there for these.

I myself am also replacing my steering shaft when replacing the box. My reman box is only 2 years old and I can see play when observing the input and output shafts move from under the truck.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What they said. I was quite impressed reading the processes they put their boxes through on the website, but of course I don't just go off of that, since every company is going to make their product sound good; however, the firsthand experiences I've read have been good.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google around and you'll find many different truck forums, car forums, etc. Everything I've read is that these are some of the best that money can buy. I don't have firsthand experience (yet), but there's nary a bad review out there for these.

I myself am also replacing my steering shaft when replacing the box. My reman box is only 2 years old and I can see play when observing the input and output shafts move from under the truck.

What shaft are you going with? I'm planning to do the same. Does redhead have shafts?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think summit sells steering shafts. I would do it now but there kind of pricy and my rag and u joint are in good shape. does anyone know why ford put a rag joint at the bottom of the shaft vs a u joint.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Got mine ordered. Was a bit more expensive than i was expecting at first. I guess im used to free shipping with amazon and ebay. Was $70 for shipping. Ended up being around $450 total. The gear for the E350 was 2757, if im remembering what she said correctly.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine ordered. Was a bit more expensive than i was expecting at first. I guess im used to free shipping with amazon and ebay. Was $70 for shipping. Ended up being around $450 total. The gear for the E350 was 2757, if im remembering what she said correctly.

You must have paid for core return shipping label? Or is that what they charged you for one-way shipped to you?

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
You can elect to cover the return shipping yourself. Otherwise they provide a prepaid shipping label for $35.

USPS flat rate box should be about half of that.

I haven't gotten my invoice emailed yet