Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well the 2010 IDI Weekend was a great event. It is over for me and a few others however it continues for Ron, Mel, Chris, Joe, John and Heath. Most of them took the train to Chicago for the day, while we just passed through on our way home.

705 mile trip on the truck with only one minor issue, I blew Drivers Door Motor on the way to the Rally,, Stopped to pay a toll and the window motor was done, so we ran Non AC the rest of the way and replaced it on Friday Morning.

A BIG thanks to Chris and Jessica for hosting this year, they bent over backwards to meet and greet everyone as they arrived, had an organized plan and packed to hand out, If you needed something they took care of it. They went way out of there way to have wings and poppers cooked for all of us on Friday night, ;Sweet and the Pig Roast was a first on an IDI weekend, and was awesome!

It was great meeting the new faces as well.

AL E,... Awesome Rig, What a work of art. The more you looked at the truck the better it became. Thanks for bringing it and it was good to meet you and your wife! See ya in the fall,....?

Rob idipwr,.. We all wish you didn't have to leave under those circumstances but it was great meeting you again and hope you can make it to the Fall Get To Gather or see ya next year. Hope things went well with your Grandmas funeral.

Sean 6Nebraskaidi's It was great to meet you and your bro,...Glad you could make it even with the Ricer,...:sly I don't think anyone was upset about the hold up, it was not a prob on my end ;Sweet

On the same note I'd always figured Darrin to be atleast in his 50's for some reason too. lol Its funny how different something is in reality from how you perceive it online.

I agree how different it is as well, Ron and I were talking about it also and figured you guys would be a couple of country hicks,..LOL but we were totally wrong your just a couple of young smart rednecks like the rest of us! We were impressed by you guys and hope to see you again at the next one. Even if it is with a Ricer,..
Keep me posted on the Shelby,...;Really

Fury69 It was good to meet you also, Thanks for bringing the juces for the kids and the parts for the Adult Kids. You made Ron's and Joe's day for sure. It also was good to hear another Cummins in the bunch,...:sly

Thanks again to everyone, and well post pics sometime tomorrow.

Getting late,...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did the sears tower and Gudonoes (4@) toiday. Great fun riding metra and seeing the town. The ralklky is officiaally over now, but several of us will continue our vacatioins here..

X2 on what darrin said. Veery soirry for the circumstances the cut short the visits oif 3 attendees. Great to meet you alkl.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
We did the sears tower and Gudonoes (4@) toiday. Great fun riding metra and seeing the town. The ralklky is officiaally over now, but several of us will continue our vacatioins here..

X2 on what darrin said. Veery soirry for the circumstances the cut short the visits oif 3 attendees. Great to meet you alkl.

Mel you a little drunk tonight? lol

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You NEED to attend!!

If for nothing else, than to help me with my Fantastic Automatic upgrades!!!

I like a challenge. My standard charge is a coffee and donut.:D I will wave the charge if you do the nasty for me. The nasty is draining the stock E4OD pan and dropping the accumulator body.:rotflmao Somebody has to get dirty.:rotflmao

PS I fixed your post.;p

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was great to see everyone again and meet some new folks. Nate and I made it home about 7pm. I had a wire break on my oil pressure safety switch and I lost fuel pressure (without power via the now non-functioning switch the Holley Red was not running). Simple fix was to flip the toggle under the dash to "bypass" the safety switch and grab a Big Mac. We were back on the road in no time.

The fuel pump in my Moose Pump works very well. I didn't notice the loss of fuel pressure (running at 70mph) until I glaced at my fuel pressure gauge.

See you all again next July!

Heath

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like Ya'll had a good time this year. I tried to figure out a way to go but it was just not happening this year (again). Looking forward to possibly going next year as it will be a little closer to me. Thanks for the updates. Living vicariously through ya'll for now.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Talk about Timing,..

When I was backing the Truck and 5ver into my driveway from the Rally Trip, It was acting like something was locking up. I put it in 4LO, and got the rig parked, Got out and checked the brakes on the truck, shot the driveline with my temp gun and saw or smelled nothing out of the ordinary.

The next day I drove the rig to my shop and dropped off the 5ver to the RV dealership next door to finish some water heater work on it. I was getting off the highway and smelled very hot brakes. I pulled into the RV place, followed my nose to the front right wheel of the 5ver, I shot it with my temp gun and it read 450 deg:eek: So either a brake is hanging up or a bearing is going out,.

So hows that for timing, No problems on the trip, and the breakdown shows on the way to the shop! ;Sweet

We'll let the RV Shop take care of the water heater issue then Ill get it to my shop and pull the wheels to see what it needs.

Also Fuel Mileage was 13.6 Towing the 5ver.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey It was great to see all you guys, I wish I could have stayed longer but sometimes you gotta get the work while you can, The moose truck, Al E, ,Darrin, lady moose, the f-150 with a 6.9,Chris's truck, the lifted reg cab with all the tires in the back,The red and white f-350 ccsrw, The ricer,the maroon 2wn f-350cc,and all the other ones I can't remember. It was great to see all you guys and put a face to a name. The pig was awesome(nearly fell asleep on the way home lol) everything was great about the whole event. I would also like to especially thank Chris for his generous hospitality and just being a great person in general. Thanks to mel for taking the time to explain to me about how ford standardized things, just exactly how that 6.9 went in, and for not yelling at me when I pulled on his (electric)step bar lol. I am looking forwards to the next one and I have to order me one of them shirts next time. Thanks everybody for the great time you all gave me!!!