Obliterated a deer..

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hit a deer in my '67 VW bus. I was only going 45mph or so on a back road. I thought it was coming through the windshield. There isn't much between the driver and the outside in these things, just the front sheet metal. Drivers side was pushed back and headlight pointed whacky.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's worse than I originally thought. The bumper pushed back into the fender and bent whatever the long horizontal blue piece is behind it some. And I havent been able to get 4 professional paint stores to match this blue paint to paint the bed so I wont be able to repaint it.

Pissed.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Took all the broken stuff off. I just gotta bend the passenger fender straight which I since did after taking this picture down in the bottom left, tightened the fender bolts and the bumper will hide the scars.

Man, the horns almost got my ac condenser. Flattened some fins if you look at the left side, but somehow didn't puncture it.

The best part of this thread actually is I saw it dead on the side of the road and ran its head over again on purpose. I really don't have a logical reason for doing so, just kinda was my instinct when I saw it. Someone had cut its horns off. Congratulations to you, probably going to say you shot it.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry bud I Kno how bad it sucks to hit a animal I hit an elk with my 95 chev 2500 at 70 mph and had to use the jerseys barrier and my chain to get the front bumper out of the tire and luckly I wasn't leaking anything and was able to continue on the remainding 400 miles to my destination just fo find out as it went down the passenger side of the pickup it broke off the outside door Handle

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get me a bit of painted metal I bet I can get the color matched for you. I know an old paint guy that’s “retired” but still does some jobs for friends. He knows the old paints real well

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Took all the broken stuff off. I just gotta bend the passenger fender straight which I since did after taking this picture down in the bottom left, tightened the fender bolts and the bumper will hide the scars.

Man, the horns almost got my ac condenser. Flattened some fins if you look at the left side, but somehow didn't puncture it.

The best part of this thread actually is I saw it dead on the side of the road and ran its head over again on purpose. I really don't have a logical reason for doing so, just kinda was my instinct when I saw it. Someone had cut its horns off. Congratulations to you, probably going to say you shot it.

Remind me to never **** you off. Instinct being to run **** over with a truck and all :D

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Don't play with the moose seen this video awhile ago and have herd story's of them comeing out of nowhere and charging cars

CaptBuffalo

Reaction score
Use this as an excuse to stick a big home made bull bar on your bullnose. Something like what I have on my truck. Then you can hit stuff on purpose :backoff