Obliterated a deer..

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Could have been worse.. could have been better too. Front bumper is toast totally bent almost into the fender. Grill is pushed in where his head hit. Bottom metal piece under the grill is bent.

Got a new piece of all 3 from LMC truck ordered but had to get a grill with the place for the ford logo. I kinda liked the plain style but whatever.

I at least hit him so hard he went flying and didn't end up under the truck. I have now hit 6 deer in my life and I'm not 30 yet. Sick of these things.

I miss my old winter beater straight six f150. It hit 4 of my 6, that bumper was way tougher than this one.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hate that for you. Hitting a deer sucks in multiple ways.

Hope the repair goes smoothly.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That sucks. I've only lost one vehicle to a deer. That was my 1995 ****** that I bought brand new. I've lost a pair of underwear to one too. I hit one on my motorcycle at 70. one time. Those underwear weren't any good after that!:dunno After the motorcycle incident, I just drive about 50 down the highway after dark.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second best part of this thread is that the replacement parts have already been ordered! Glad you’re alright.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes 6 deer?!? Glad you're ok and only need to replace 3 parts. I wonder why the F150 bumper was so much stronger?

I was going to give you a tip I learned late one night doing 55 downhill with a cabover camper and 5k lb trailer behind me when a cow elk jumped into the road in front of me and stopped--
but since you're obviously going for the record I'll keep it to myself! :D

Haha J/K but seriously just honk at them and they will immediately turn and run back into the woods/ditch. I do it every time now and that's 1 elk and at least 2 deer I would have hit but didnt because of honking.
Now I know it won't always work due to speed and whatnot but it's still awesome and I'm surprised people dont know about it.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad ur in good order the truck well work in progress n well made for things like that sucks a deer lost his or her life.

I've wrecked a "99 cavalier a yr ago due to a 150lb buck swerved to miss him but alive, hm might need to look at lmc for parts on my 93 n/a

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It has a different type of bumper. I dont know what's better about it, but I hit 4 just as hard all on the passenger side and this picture was taken after all of that.

But, it's dead in the driveway due to the stupid internal slave cylinder exploding on my way to work a couple months ago.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a brandnew 96 F250 xlt and hit 2 deer when it was only 2weeks old , one off the L side of front bumper and other on the right and even drove overtop with r front and R rear wheel. I even heard hooves on the r running board. pulled over dragged the deer off the road and all I saw was a little fur on the bottom of the runnign board brackets.

I'm up to 5 deer but I've been driving more years than you've been alive. only ever had bad damage once but it was a 96 Dodge b350 van and it wasn't mine :cheers:

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit 3 in my old jeep Comanche. Cracked the turn signal lens, fiberglass between grill and hood, and grill. That truck took so much abuse and just kept running. Sold it with 480k miles just for the motor. Body was shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just turned 28 and have smacked 2 deer in my life. First was a young buck with the velvet still on his antlers. Hit him so hard (80mph) it literally knocked him out of his antlers. Like someone had grabbed hold and pulled them both from the sockets. I was traveling 2 lane road north bound with a big median and he flew all the way into south bound traffic on the farthest lane. Couldn't believe it; covered the front of the truck in blood spatter and fur, ruined the chrome bumper and plastic bumper cover, bent the bumper mounts back, crushed the fog light and actually put a nice dent in the front frame of the truck. Scared the living crap out of me but happened so fast I never even had time to apply the brakes.

second was a doe and she literally jumped into the passenger side fender of the truck from out of the grass on the side of the road. She lived, just knocked her silly.

Glad you're alright and the truck didn't get too bad of damage.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 88 f150 had the pass front fender bent on it when we bought it. When we resprayed it, put a brand new fender from ford on there. About 2 months later, deer claimed it. It sucked. I was so mad. Saw deer beside road. Stopped. Waited for deer to cross. Deer changed mind turned and started back down over the bank. Foot off brake, truck starts to roll deer whirls around and runs head first into new fender. If I’d had something with me I’d have tracked it down and killed it on principle. Then the next year I rubbed a hand rail with it in a parking lot. I felt less bad about that with the fender dented. Bigger concern was the huge cup of scalding hot chocolate that splattered all over me and the inside of the cab.

[emoji21]

If you drive them, it happens. If you don’t drive them why have them.

BTW for those non-hunting types deer get really stupid in the fall when it starts to turn cold. The bucks have one thing on their mind, and it’s not hey that’s a bad ass sounding IDI coming down the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance