notes and thoughts on my WMO filtration rig

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the WMO does end up being harmful to your injectors you will pay as much for one PSD injector as you will for 8 IDI injectors. The pump is a bit cheaper on the PSD, tho.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
So far so good for my IDI, runs damn good on a 70% WMO blend. I scored 200L of free diesel today that was contaminated with coolant....Let it sit for a month, mix it 50/50 with WMO and bingo - free driving for 2 months....I also got hooked up with the local CATERPILLAR mobile lube truck through the F-inlaw....He's going to come out the house and pump off 400L of Hydraulic/WMO for me and I can get more any time I want it as long as I have something to put it in....-Drool :Thumbs Up :rotflmao

blender

Reaction score
It's the same thing here, every time I turn around somebody is calling me asking if I pick up WMO for free. I know I turned down at least 1500 gallons last week, I don't have a place for it. I've got 1750gal in tanks now waiting for filtering and 3 2000gal tanks on order. If it keeps coming I'm going to pick up 10k gallon tanks next and bury them. It's going to dry up at some point and cost 2-3 bones a gallon like WVO so I want' to be stocked up.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Not sure if this post should go here or not, but here is a cheap solution to make a WVO / WMO pickup pump. Just passing the info along.
http://www.frybrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10978

actaully that is pretty cool. i wish he could take some more clear pictures though:D

i would have tapped the castings, JB weld can do allot of things but i would never trust it. i am looking to build something like this i have some motors laying around my garage i can use. i did the $29 harbor freight water pump and it is SLOW for pickup. around 30-45mins to fill a 55 gallon barrel.

Last edited:

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what he means about the noise. In a pinch I had to pick up one of those 110v utility pumps that are made to pump water - they will pump oil in a pinch -but they sure are loud - the nice thing about them is they have replaceable impellers available at most hardware stores.... but they are not as fast as an engine oil pump set up like that thread describes.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bringing a thread back from the dead......

fuel is passing $3/gal these days, so the pain factor is being felt again. As a result, the filtration rig is back on the front burner. What I did gain in the two year of dormancy is a Carrier fuel pump and a goldenrod filter setup. here's the final assembled product before plumbing and electrical. it's actually going to be pretty easy to finish up. It's not as inexpensive as I originally anticipated, but I can service this setup almost anywhere which is the overriding goal. The latest Brass purchase came in at $75, the Carrier pump was $80(iirc) and the goldenrod filter was $40.
here are the pics....will be running testing this weekend;Sweet

Attachments

• SL371598.JPG
    SL371598.JPG
    861.3 KB · Views: 43
  • SL371599.JPG
    SL371599.JPG
    870.8 KB · Views: 31

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the final product in use;Sweet

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 103

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
LOOKs good, maybe build it on a cart with wheels so the battery and etc can be self contained. Diesel is up to $1.12L here so if this keeps up I might have to bring out my WMO refinery from retirement this spring...LOL...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOOKs good, maybe build it on a cart with wheels so the battery and etc can be self contained. Diesel is up to $1.12L here so if this keeps up I might have to bring out my WMO refinery from retirement this spring...LOL...
I didn't want to have it in the bed of the truck for the operational test so I can check for leaks. The stuff in the donor truck was Bio-D of an unknown cut. Any spillage would reek for a long time. I have a 30gal tank out of a Isuzu box truck that will serve as my collection/mix/cut tank. I figure I'll throw it in the bed and dump in the fuel and WMO mix and have pump and filters recirc for a couple of days before I throw it into my truck tanks. I'll post a pic of the setup later.
one other thing....that carrier pump is one pumpin' SOB. drained the tank 3/4 full in just under three beers.

rusty1988

Reaction score
Has anyone tried centrifuging wmo to get rid of the particulates? Seems, theoretically like it would work.

i use a centrifuge for wmo and wvo. it works great. it was pricey but i put a lot of miles on and filter fuel for 2 vehicles so it is worth the investment to not have to buy replacement filters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.