not a diesel but have a wheel question

sootman73

Reaction score
I have these wheels right now(first pic) and got these for $100(second pic). i think i need shorter lug bolts as the originals will go too far through the disc brake and cause the wheel to lockup against something.....:dunno

which wheel is what? are they both alloy? is one steel? i cant tell and therefore i dont know what lug bolt to buy.....?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They both look like alloy wheels to me, hit them with a magnet thatll tell ya.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Have you measured what size you need?

Use a pencil, screwdriver or something that will slide through and figure out how long a bolt you need then go shopping for that length.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changing the lugs may not solve your interference issue. You need to measure the offset of the correct wheels and then the offset of the wheels you want to use. Sometimes you can use a spacer to create more offset with longer studs, but many people don't like spacers as they do create a potential break on the dotted line with the longer studs.

Good luck.

sootman73

Reaction score
the offset is the same. the bolts just sink in deeper into the second style wheel. the only interference issue is the longer bolts that extend too far into the hub.

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what lug bolts do i need to bolt these wheels on? i have the long one but would these be what i need?

i have these right now...:dunno

First off the lugs in the ebay links are two different styles, look at the pictures at the area where they contact the wheel one is flat or tapered and the other is round style, see how its rounded on the seat, dont use the wrong ones.So if thats truly what you have then that is not what you want those are from different year benzs. I cant tell from your photos of your wheels which style lug is going to work for your particular wheel,look at them which which are they round or tapered? Once you know which style to look for then as far as length, how much too long are they? Get some that much shorter, probably could find them at a picknpull,or they can be found in many sizes new.nate

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7