No wait to start light when hot

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Subtle like being sold by a parts company on Alibaba called Xin Guang? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Special K

Reaction score
Subtle like being sold by a parts company on Alibaba called Xin Guang? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Like this crimp on the plug, one round single crimp is on the fakes vs multiple crimps on the genuine plug. I also noticed the fake requires a 10mm socket vs 3/8” on the genuine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Scotchneat

Reaction score
As far as I know I'm the second owner with 200k I think it's the original pump. I bought 2 glow plugs from the local ford dealer and 8 on line they were all identical beru stamped . I don't remember exactly I think they measured. .17 ohms
what is the normal life expectancy for an ejection pump? Anybody running a rebuilt one? Happy with it?

Special K

Reaction score
As far as I know I'm the second owner with 200k I think it's the original pump. I bought 2 glow plugs from the local ford dealer and 8 on line they were all identical beru stamped . I don't remember exactly I think they measured. .17 ohms
what is the normal life expectancy for an ejection pump? Anybody running a rebuilt one? Happy with it?
.17 is out of spec. They should be .5 or less. Can you post some close up pictures of the ones purchased online?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Like this crimp on the plug, one round single crimp is on the fakes vs multiple crimps on the genuine plug. I also noticed the fake requires a 10mm socket vs 3/8” on the genuine.
Yeah but that isnt fake, thats just not the OEM. Do you have an example of an actual plug with Beru or Motorcraft markings on it that is actually a knockoff? I have actually always used a 10mm on my GPs and they have always been OEM motorcraft/Beru but 10mm is only slightly larger than 3/8" and I have a sort of specialty socket for doing GPs.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.17 is out of spec. They should be .5 or less. Can you post some close up pictures of the ones purchased online?

The majority of people on this Forum have a rebuilt pump on their engines.
Life on the pumps is 100 to 150K miles.
Being happy with the rebuilt pump, all depends who and where they are rebuilt.
Picking up a e-bay, pump, or some of the other online vendors are a crap shoot. also your local auto supply`s.

there are 4 vendors that are recommended on the forum that do a great job on the pumps.

You get what you pay for.

Goat

Cheesy

Reaction score
I my pump made it 170,000 before it crapped out. But even before it became un drivable I noticed how weak it seemed. I had a reputable local guy rebuild mine and made a huge difference. Mpg and power. Makin it up hills in OD that it would have downshifted before the new pump.

You clearly havin problems with your glow plugs. Of which I don’t know much about. However Your starting problem after the truck has ran sounds like a fuel problem And I’d bet with that many miles it’s your pump.

Special K

Reaction score
Yeah but that isnt fake, thats just not the OEM. Do you have an example of an actual plug with Beru or Motorcraft markings on it that is actually a knockoff? I have actually always used a 10mm on my GPs and they have always been OEM motorcraft/Beru but 10mm is only slightly larger than 3/8" and I have a sort of specialty socket for doing GPs.

Here ya go, they say Beru Made in Germany with the same part number as OEM:

Special K

Reaction score
The majority of people on this Forum have a rebuilt pump on their engines.
Life on the pumps is 100 to 150K miles.
Being happy with the rebuilt pump, all depends who and where they are rebuilt.
Picking up a e-bay, pump, or some of the other online vendors are a crap shoot. also your local auto supply`s.

there are 4 vendors that are recommended on the forum that do a great job on the pumps.

You get what you pay for.

Goat
I was referring to the glow plug specs.

Black dawg

Reaction score

Here ya go, they say Beru Made in Germany with the same part number as OEM:
Interesting to see. The lettering on the plug is different than actual beru. Bigger and just looks different. Also nowhere on the beru plug does it say 10.5v

Special K

Reaction score
Interesting to see. The lettering on the plug is different than actual beru. Bigger and just looks different. Also nowhere on the beru plug does it say 10.5v
Yep, there are definitely differences, but unless you are very familiar with OEM you’ll probably not even realize it. I fought glow plug issues for a while until I went back to the first thing I did, which was installed these plugs. If they are on eBay or Amazon for under $65, the deal is probably too good to be true. I’m just trying to save others the headache I went through.

HKT Firearms

Reaction score
This is REALLY bad advice........

Autolites for this application are well known to fail in a short time, and very common for them to swell and be stuck in the head.....or the whole tip falls off. Have seen this many times.
I must be very lucky. I change them other enough that I haven't had any problems. My first set I pulled I noticed a few were swelling. Been running autolite for 14 years now and no issues other than 1-2 year lifespan.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I must be very lucky. I change them other enough that I haven't had any problems. My first set I pulled I noticed a few were swelling. Been running autolite for 14 years now and no issues other than 1-2 year lifespan.
Yes, very lucky.

Over the years I have removed hundreds of glow plugs. I have seen many different brands of glow plugs come out, and overall, chances are 50/50 that an autolite will be swollen to the point of difficult removal. The champion plug has about the same odds. Have also seen both with tips that have been missing for a long time, and have had both break off during removal. I have seen a couple beru that were swollen to the point that removal was difficult, but havent had one break off yet.

On the 7.3 and using the factory controller the beru plug is the best option.