No tach trains is acting out..

Reaper

Reaction score
okay so this is what I got 92 Ford F-350 with the 7.3idi I have an issue where the tach is interrmitt she only works when I drive her for an few hours...I've changed the sensor no change I've changed the tps sensor no change I've checked the wires don't see anything grounding out and I've checked all of my grounds and all is good...I've also tried running my scan tool and can't pull any codes I've all so check my fuses and relays and all is good...I have also changed out the vss as well as the harness and no luck...is it possiable that the tcm is ****** even though the truck is still able to start up???

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no sense on doing any other checks fix the tach issue first. that will be your core problem. the ECM is dependant on a clean tach signal. same with the fipl. both must have clean signals.

Reaper

Reaction score
no sense on doing any other checks fix the tach issue first. that will be your core problem. the ECM is dependant on a clean tach signal. same with the fipl. both must have clean signals.
Okay I've changed out both of the sensors though as well as cleaned both of the connections...

Reaper

Reaction score
Can the tach gauge itself cause these issues as well to cause the truck to go into limp mode??I dont have an o/d light going on or off and or flashing as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin