Night Moose Title Application - REJECTED!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Foolish me. I thought it was going to be easy this time, since I had all my experience from the Moosestang effort to guide me. Well NO SUCH LUCK.

Form 426B came back rejected from the DMV. They say my state inspection mechanic is not authorized to sign off on the truck, because he is not an Enhanced state inspection mechanic. WHAT? Enhanced? What does that mean, that he takes Enzyte?? Seems effective Jan 2007, between the Moosestang and now, the state of Punishvania decided that they now needed "special" inspection stations to look at Flood/reconstructed/modified vehicles, and that only THOSE stations can be used to process an application for a title. :***: If my inspection station is good enough to inspect it after it has been titled, why the hell isn't it good enough to inspect it before??? -cuss Soooooo nooooowwwww we have to start down the path of trailering the truck to a new place, to get it inspected just so somebody else can sign this *((*%$()$# form. I'm writing my congressman. This is the kind of B.S. Obamalama told us last night that government needs to cut out. I've already paid for a state inspection, and even my inspection station didn't know about this requirement. Somebody needs to have their balls handed back to them. :backoff Two weeks waisted. :puke:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Wow, what type of ***** dispursing agents you guys have!

Send me the title and all the reciepts and I'll get it titled as an assembled vehicle and send it back.
Will that help any or will it still have to be double secret inspected?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh they've already figured out that angle. Now any vehicle coming in from out of state as "re-branded" still needs to visit the proctologist to get the title transfered!

-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Oh they've already figured out that angle. Now any vehicle coming in from out of state as "re-branded" still needs to visit the proctologist to get the title transfered!

-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss

Such azzhats!cookoo

Scribe away Moostradamus!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a reconstructed vehicle? Did you get a clean title when you bought it?

In case you missed it, at issue is an application for a modified vehicle, required in PA due to diesels being exempt from emissions tests. A converted gas vehicle has to be re-branded as "modified" so that it will pass annual state inspection. Otherwise, the inspection tech looks at the engine and fails it due to "visual verification of emissions equipment and exhaust system required for factory gas vehicles". The VIN contains the engine code, and they have to type that into a computer when they do the emissions test. Once registered with the state as modified with a diesel, the computer will kick out the "do not test" message to exempt it.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Why even tell them you changed the engine/transmission? My local DMV still thinks my truck is a 2wd F250 with an auto transmission...:flipa:rotflmao....As a licensed mechanic with an MVI license I could care less what engine is under the hood as long as the installation looks safe for the road.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are putting you thru the ringer in the hpes that you give up. That or you haven't "paid enough graft" yet to some a hole sitting behind a desk... Never let them see you sweat... Thats probably the only happyness they ever get is when you get upset. You know they are just going home to some Swansons triangle meat supper and tell their cats how upset they made you... Just smile and know you will win no matter what they throw at you. Dad always told me to kill them with kindness... Many a girl friends parents died that way at my hands... Burocrats are no differant....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm writing my congressman.

You've got to. That is the only way to get their messed up system changed. You've got to be the squeaky wheel if you want grease!:mad::backoff Also, see if there are any formal channels for complaint with the DMV other than yelling:yell: at the idiot behind the counter.

Heath

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Just remember what we told you....Its worth it!

All this extra crap holding you back will make its legal maiden voyage THAT much sweeter ;Sweet

Not to mention driving it to school and showing it off to all your buddies. :thumbsup:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Your congressman will probably pull a few strings for you since you're complaining instead of actually changing the whole farged up system. That's what happens here when you complaine to your councilman about city utilities (h20, sewer, trash).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online