Nice bed, but look at that price

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/2218672288.html

The ad:

25 YRS. STORAGE 8' BED OFF 86 F20 LOOKS NEW IT'S A BEAUTY - $1000 (SPF. AREA)

Came off 86 Ford 250 pickup diesel, The box was only on the pickup for about a month until we added the flatbed and was stored in the shop on blocks. there was a little surface rust inside the box in a couple of spots we used Rust kill which neutralized it, wire wheeled and primered. It'll be like having a new box, from behind they will thank you driving a new rig. The tag on the tailgate says XLT diesel. Mounting bolts are still there. White with a blue stripe

You must be registered for see images attach

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey , there's the bed for my truck I've been looking for. And it's only about $800 more than I'd be willing to pay for a bed.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
It would kill me to have it shipped to me, but its the right color. :-(

sassyrel

Reaction score
for what rust free parts sell for in iowa--thats cheap for that box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id bring it home, hold it in the air--pressure wash the underside,,dry it,,and coat it with some GOOD undercoating!!!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's worth it...something to be said about "original" pieces sitting in that good of shape > that's a restorers dream come true! ;Sweet
Vs some butchered up bondo filled piece someone's trying to sell.
You gotta respect and admire well kept 'original' stuff ;Really

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
for what rust free parts sell for in iowa--thats cheap for that box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id bring it home, hold it in the air--pressure wash the underside,,dry it,,and coat it with some GOOD undercoating!!!

This opens the door for a good question. I have never liked most undercoatings. Once the salt & water get under it,the rust goes crazy. I wonder what would a good bed liner do in place of undercoating?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ya gotta love the west coast... See..... We have more than just fruits and nuts out here. This and Arizona are the rust free capitals of the US....:hail

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I bought my hole truck for 600, we bought the powerstroke for 700 dollars and its a nice truck, just dont run right

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a smokin' deal! If I had the clams and wasn't selling my truck, I'd be all over it ... right color too!

To rebuild your bed with aftermarket body parts from LMC would cost at least twice the cost of this bed.

psychohawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a smokin' deal! If I had the clams and wasn't selling my truck, I'd be all over it ... right color too!

To rebuild your bed with aftermarket body parts from LMC would cost at least twice the cost of this bed.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

x2 on that, and your bed still won't be as good as this one. For a frame off, that's a sweet deal.