Newbies and dust farters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Power is a function of torque and rpm, anyoun recall how high dyoung had his revving?
We all know that the IDI is a (reletively) high torque producing engine (in stock trim).

If your thinking what I believe that your thinking you're trying to point out that the limit to our power output is that we don't think it can be done therefore we do not take the nessicary steps to get there. Meaning that the limit to our power is our own lazyness, and the IDI can indeed make power.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
do your own homework on combustion design and heat transfer.

Tow cat, seen your quotes since dust was dust, I dont knock your knowloedge on diesel motors po' boy but, you might wanna sit this one out.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Power is a function of torque and rpm, anyoun recall how high dyoung had his revving?
We all know that the IDI is a (reletively) high torque producing engine (in stock trim).

If your thinking what I believe that your thinking you're trying to point out that the limit to our power output is that we don't think it can be done therefore we do not take the nessicary steps to get there. Meaning that the limit to our power is our own lazyness, and the IDI can indeed make power.

that was the only answer that could possible defuse me. I agree with you 100%

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tow cat, seen your quotes since dust was dust, I dont knock your knowloedge on diesel motors po' boy but, you might wanna sit this one out.
Before you go any further, better take a look at the rules of conduct on this site. You have started two treads seeking to theoretically push the limits the performance on the 6.9/7.3 IDI. That's great, fresh thinking is appreciated and encouraged. What is not encouraged is personal attacks. Your comments come real close to a personal attack on more than one occasion. Got something to say? Say it. Back up what you have to say with hard proof. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a benchracer who will come and go just like all the rest of them.

Oh yea, I'm not just a member here. I'm part of the moderating team. We don't wear badges around here. We talk softy and carry a mean stick.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Before you go any further, better take a look at the rules of conduct on this site. You have started two treads seeking to theoretically push the limits the performance on the 6.9/7.3 IDI. That's great, fresh thinking is appreciated and encouraged. What is not encouraged is personal attacks. Your comments come real close to a personal attack on more than one occasion. Got something to say? Say it. Back up what you have to say with hard proof. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a benchracer who will come and go just like all the rest of them.

Oh yea, I'm not just a member here. I'm part of the moderating team. We don't wear badges around here. We talk softy and carry a mean stick.

CAT REBEL, so there arent any queastions I am directly answering you, mod or not. My hard data Is Hypermax. I would say I have at least 6 more weeks until I even start on my IDI, However cat I do have a truck in Diesel power mag, other than retoric what do you have??? Time in servie? Time in innaccurate service? As a mod/nonmod, reread carefully my statements I have attack no one that has respect for the motor fopr which this particulare forma was created, I have read many of your crap posts on the limits of this mototr and even before you typed them they were wrong. YOU show me with you extensive testiong that a IDI cant hold X amount of boost, you show me where an IDI cant make X amount of HP. can you ................nope. mod or not, ban or not You are wrong Period. Get to the meat of it, you have made statements that mine contradict. Thats fine though, you can just say you were wrong and all will be okay. It doesnt take a forum to build a motor. Realize your position on the motor, your status for finsing its limits and rest easy there.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
CAT REBEL, so there arent any queastions I am directly answering you, mod or not. My hard data Is Hypermax. I would say I have at least 6 more weeks until I even start on my IDI, However cat I do have a truck in Diesel power mag, other than retoric what do you have??? Time in servie? Time in innaccurate service? As a mod/nonmod, reread carefully my statements I have attack no one that has respect for the motor fopr which this particulare forma was created, I have read many of your crap posts on the limits of this mototr and even before you typed them they were wrong. YOU show me with you extensive testiong that a IDI cant hold X amount of boost, you show me where an IDI cant make X amount of HP. can you ................nope. mod or not, ban or not You are wrong Period. Get to the meat of it, you have made statements that mine contradict. Thats fine though, you can just say you were wrong and all will be okay. It doesnt take a forum to build a motor. Realize your position on the motor, your status for finsing its limits and rest easy there.

I won OctaneFest in the Doge and with you as a backer or not I wilol win the next, I am POSITIVE i am hangin more metal than you.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I won OctaneFest in the Doge and with you as a backer or not I wilol win the next, I am POSITIVE i am hangin more metal than you.

I apologize for the typo's, i get pissed and i just start runnin".

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.
You're on a 7 day vacation.
If you persist on your attacks when you come back, the vacation will be permanent.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
In my time on TDS, here, and other forums/clubs, there have been many people come and go that said they would prove that an IDI 6.9/7.3 could go beyond our conventional thinking. I personally left TDS exactly for that reason. Too much talk, not enough walk and not enough moderation of the forum.

Personally I think this site is entertainment for most of us, and as such most of us would be your biggest fans if you were to engineer/build an IDI that exceeded conventional IDI thinking. Engineer-build it/test-prove it and you'll be an instant rock-star. Keeping a cool head while interacting with critics also scores you some points.

My personal opinion from owning and working my day job on them for the last decade is that if you're looking for 600+ horsepower and 750+ torque, then stepping up to a medium-duty engineered powertrain like a DT466 would be in your best interest.

But, if you are looking for believers, build it and they will come

Last edited:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
^ Right that's kinda what I was thinking. I followed this almost all night :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online