Newbies and dust farters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was all this really necessary? Seems we may have lost a member here who was willing to sink a ton of money into something that almost NOBODY ELSE will. Woulda been cool to see someone other then Dave S. on the other site really dig into one of these motors.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
All he needed to do was give at least one example of what he's done that actually works. Theorizing about spending mass amounts of cash is fine and dandy, lots here have done that before. But saying it WILL work without doing any actual work on an engine he's never worked with and we're back to bench racing.. Acting holier-than-thou doesn't earn you points on any forum.

Oh, and building a power rich Dodge is not like an act of God...... Just my .02.

Last edited:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
My belief is that Towcat has not had time to "build an extreme max HP IDI motor" because he is too busy a)working for a living b)providing for his family c)helping out everyone he meets d)bending over backwards to do everything in his power for his friends-

I bet if Towcat wasn't doing those things he very well might be the guy tricking one of the many trucks/engines he has out to the fullest limits.

You want hard data, get it. In the VERY short time i've been on this forum there has been more people than I could count who get on here and talk all this "talk" about tricking the IH IDI out to the max- so far it's been just that, talk...

No one has yet to walk the walk.

I've built up BBF engines, I've picked up pieces of C6 transmissions on the side of the track, I have no interest in bombing the **** out of the idi motor to prove it can be done, who cares? You could strap a supercharger on a cuisinart blender and get a half million horsepower out of it, but who the hell cares???

There's my rant for the day. cookoo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys-
over the years I have seen more than one newbie drop in and tell us that he has the ability to unlock the performance potential of "XYZ" motor just by throwing this part and that part into there and "presto" you now have a fire breathing animal of a motor. The bluster of his secret only increases by the day. I've seen plenty of these guys in real life also. I label them as "benchracers". these guys can make stupid horsepower out of nothing and great for them. there's forums that cater to the racer crowd. that is not the focus of this forum. But don't get me wrong. This forum also has the highest amount of R&D in pushing the limits of these motors. Need proof? the intercooler buildup threads are one of the most read tech threads in the forum. Nowhere else is there development and sales of parts that actually increase the performance of these motors. We actually have new members sign up just to get the details and lay out money for the Typ4 cam and the Moose pump. Those items are hard core parts with real results. Problem? they are really expensive.You have to have a real comittment and not bluster to step up and install these items into your truck. I will be the first to admit that I don't know everything about these motors. When Russ came out with his cam, I was one of the naysayers. Having driven his truck, I am now a convert and will openly admit my error there. If Abull trully does come back with a award winning fire breathing earth shaking IDI, he will have my admiration and accolades. I put him on a vacation due to his conduct here not his ambition. We've seen other members build some strong trucks without bashing members and I hope he can too. But his current line of talk turns off more people than helps bring in people.
This is my position on why I had to do what I did and the open discussion ends here. Talk to me via PM if you like to talk about this further.;Sweet

gandalf

Reaction score
... tricking the IH IDI out to the max- so far it's been just that, talk...

No one has yet to walk the walk.

I've built up BBF engines, I've picked up pieces of C6 transmissions on the side of the track, I have no interest in bombing the **** out of the idi motor to prove it can be done, who cares? ...

Right.

Every now and then we get a member who seems to have missed the point of the forum. We're here to maintain our trucks, make them more reliable where they may have a weak area, to share our experiences and knowledge, and, of course, to socialize. We're not here to build a supertruck that has more torque and power than we could possibly use. Yes, we'll add useful power, within limits, but many of the trucks here are worktrucks, where the objective is reliability. A truck which spends more time in the shop than on the road is not a useful truck.

If you want to build a supertruck, There must be a forum for you somewhere.

If you want to be confrontational, and attack other forum members, there must be a forum for that too.

But if you want to maintain your truck within reasonable bounds, make it more reliable, know a great bunch of people, and have a few who you can actually call friends, then this is the place.

Now, somebody help this old guy step down off the soapbox.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I tried to defend him when he started his post as I get tired of hearing people say you can't but then to start attacking peoples post saying they are wrong when he hasn't done a thing to prove otherwise is just a true sign of a fool. To keep boasting about his dodge is another ignorant thing because anybody with a bank account could do the same thing thats why theres so many at the truck pulls. The situation changes dramaticly when you have to start engineering things from scratch and all this coming from a guy that hasn't even bolted a turbo on one of these engines yet. I was really hoping he would be more go then show as I have always wanted an IDI pulling truck that was strong enough to get these new truck guys attention and just mess with them but when he starts bragging about what he hasn't done yet theres probably not a lot of hope left. So I hope he can come back and keep his attitude in check and actually build something that would be sweet otherwise we're better off with out him if all hes gonna do is come and start trouble

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry ABull78. You drove into a crowded market with your foot on the floor, and zipped through so fast I couldn't get a word in. When you come back, if you come back, just remember guys like you have come and gone before, and we are still waiting for someone who can actually teach us old guys a thing or two, and has the money to give the lesson. I challenge you and hope you accept. If you can do it, then you will get your own sticky at the top of the forum, and our worship and admiration. If you can't, you'll just be added to that big pile of young bones out back that got chewed up and spat out. There is a reason older people are considered wise. Unfortunately conventional wisdom is a hell of a thing to break.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Time to wait and see what has changed 7 days from now

hopefully his additude. im ready to see someone build one of these that can make several hundred hp but he keeps refering back to his dodge and how special it is. if it was me i'd sell the dodge and sink that money into to the ford and see what its limits actually are! ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was all this really necessary? Seems we may have lost a member here who was willing to sink a ton of money into something that almost NOBODY ELSE will. Woulda been cool to see someone other then Dave S. on the other site really dig into one of these motors.

No, none of Mr. Bull's ranting and attacking of Calvin was necessary. No, none of the "bait threads" posted were necessary.

Yeah, it will take a ton of money to build a super IDI. More than I paid my four years at college for tuition/books/food/room&board. But, lets be honest. Folks who build motors, projects, and actually finish them don't start threads like this. They post about what they did and how they did it and provide some nice photos....... Not silly "baiting" posts trying to start a fight or prove how stupid we are and how smart he is. It's not a huge secret that Hypermax can build you a super IDI, but you better be ready to spend $30,000+ and be able to tolerate the potential catasrophic failure of said "investment."

Heath

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a power house that can be built! I dont like when people criticize others for there ideas and keep talking about all they have. With that being said it seems like someone with so much bank should be able to have a interior that matches there truck. damn red on green! :rotflmao

Status
Not open for further replies.