Not open for further replies.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is starting to remind me of the Nirvana song "School":rolleyes:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... If its money someone wnats to talk about look here...:D I wont include the $13,500.00 I paid for my rig 13 years ago with 34,000 miles on it. I'm not boasting about the amount I paid for anything but here it is to debat all you want. The first rebuild was just over $5500.00... Then it burned down cause an improperly imstalled and wrong thype of freeze plug let go at 5200 miles... Yea... That really hurt bad. So another $4500.00 rebuild with a new set of heads, new inconel exhaust valves. New cam, lifters etc. Pistons but.. They couldn't be milled down enough because of the cut to the block decking twice....:eek::mad: Then the BTS trans at $4800.00.... Then the Gear Vendors at around $3000.00. So you see... I have almost $8000.00 in my trand and gv alone. I have replaced my Isspro gauges twice and really don't want to think what that has cost me. And now the electrical oil pressure gauge is gone bad. Thats the third one. Ya would think I would learn by the second time...:dunno I'm not unlimited on money but... What I do I do for all that will ask or read what I post. This is a happy place. Its no fun when someone gets kicked in his junk publicly here.:angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its pretty clear he pissed off the moderator and thats why he got banned. I have seen other threads on here that were alotta nastier that no one got banned for. And just to be clear, its in my nature to stand up for the underdog. I dont think there was ever even a named called to any one???

I really dont see the big deal, other then he refused to have people tell him he was wrong or wasting his time:dunno

Like I said, everything was taken WAY TO PERSONALLY. Its an open forum available to anyone. Short of name calling and character bashing, everyone should be able to have an opinion of their own, wether it meets the majority's opinion or not. Whats the point otherwise???
Earlier I said I was only going to talk about this once and then hold my peace. "jhnlennon" felt it was necessary to keep beating this dead horse and now I have to further clarify matters. so here it goes....

for the record, no moderator can keep an eye on every thread on this board. we do our best to keep an eye on things and attempt to apply as much restraint as possible when we do have to do our work. If you find a thread that you feel one person is attacking another....BRING IT TO OUR ATTENTION VIA PM OR THE "NOTIFY MODERATOR" BUTTON. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL MEMBERS TO HELP POLICE THIS BOARD. If you sit idly by and cry foul later, you have noone to blame but yourself. For the record, I recieved a phone call from another member who found his comments disturbing and I stopped in to investigate. I took action on what I saw. It's done. It's that simple. Might I also have you refer to the rules of conduct where "moderator's actions are not subject to debate". I try to be as democratic as possible but I am not perfect and this board does not offer or guarantee the rights and privileges of a democratic society.
Read it. understand it. get over it. and move on.

I'm going to try to be democratic and suggest that both this thread and the other thread needs to be locked. Anybody second this motion?
if you need a link, here it is...

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41741

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
these "i'm better than you, so listen up and learn" threads are kinda retarded anyway

I say lock her up po'boy.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say lock this one, leave the other one open. Some good things have come out of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online