NEW TRUCK!!!!!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What were those engineers smokin':smoke: when they came up with the TTB :puke: suspension, anyways. They certainly weren't thinking of lift kits or tire wear. I like the truck, I think it looks great;Sweet , but I wouldn't own a Ford without a Dana 60 front end. Iv'e had enough problems with Fords, I don't want to have to worry about a retarded TTB front suspension.

I can't complain about the TTB for general use. It's a good design, and a whole lot better than a double wishbone. The only reason most folks don't like em, is because they are tough to mod, and require more maintainance than a solid axle, and if not aligned properly can be hard to get that way.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
When you were younger, did they ever say "You kids be quiet
this instant or I'm going to pull the car over and you can walk" :fight: :rotflmao

I got that ALL the time when I was younger, I got out and walked a few times too.... it worked out okay, they came picked me up a few steps away from the truck....... I was such a good kid....:angel:

so yea, got the trucks alignment done today, drives great :D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never been able to get the steering right on my 250 with the TTB. Granted it had 150,000 miles when I got it...kingpins need help, had to repack the bearings, replace tie rod ends, shocks have had to be replaced many times. Pretty wore out axle and steering wanders a bit, still, some of the recent posts here have made me wonder if it might not be that rag joint that's the real culprit. Glad yours is in good enough shape for a proper alignment, should keep those tires happy.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that ALL the time when I was younger, I got out and walked a few times too.... it worked out okay, they came picked me up a few steps away from the truck....... I was such a good kid....:angel:

I tried that once. Kicked them out along the road, and drove away. Took me a little longer than I thought it would to "go around the block". Started to get scared thinking how long it was taking. By the time I found them, the idiots had take a wrong turn and were NOT heading in the right direction. I think in the end, it taught me the lesson, and not them.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been "dropped off" when young as well. About 2 miles from home. No one came to get me. Was a long walk.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
yeah i have to say i have done that except i was the one that told them to let me out. bad move. Lets just say i spent the night at my pasture that night.

1991f250

Reaction score
After you get the ride height worked out eliminating the lift blocks have your shop look into a dropped pitman arm. You can drop it a couple of inches and eliminate some of the bump steer to level out your tie rods. If that's not enough a custom tie rod is in order. I'm guessing that a dropped pitman arm on your steering box will be enough if you pull 2" out of your lift.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
ya a solid axle is the only way to go, but tack 1000 bucks to the price of a ford if its got one in it..

Ray

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya a solid axle is the only way to go, but tack 1000 bucks to the price of a ford if its got one in it..

Yeps, 1k seems to be right about the going price for a good-condition front Dana 60 - good thing to have for sure, but if you ain't running the truck hard do you really need it?

By the way, Ray, I really really liked you previous avatar :love: :angel: LOL

BENZIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could always set up a dana44 hd front end set with alloy aftermarket shafts and a deitroit locker full carrier replacement you would have about the same strenth as a stock 60.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
you could always set up a dana44 hd front end set with alloy aftermarket shafts and a deitroit locker full carrier replacement you would have about the same strenth as a stock 60.

You would have to move the spring perches though. I had a 78 3/4ton Dana 44 I was going to use but decided not to because the spring perches on it are narrower than the stock Dana 50 TTB. I just decided to hold off till I can find a 60 down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online