new rig

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know shes not an OB, but mine gets poor mileage due in part to a heavy foot, so I snagged this off Fleebay as my new dd. Getting tired of the minivan scene.:puke:
You must be registered for see images attach

Only 74k miles, one owner(city), just minor rust on the doors.
Wierd a fleeter with a v8 stick 4x, a/c and cruise.;Sweet
Matthew

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Ya once I loose the topper. But this is the first truck I think Ive owned that is under 3/4 ton, and EFI.cookoo

You know they did make those for a couple years in a light 3/4 ton... That's a really nice pickup though! She's gonna HAUL with that 5-speed and that is one of the only 1/2 ton manual T-cases I've ever seen! Nice score! ;Sweet

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i like it! i had one of those trucks once. biggest pos i ever bought. hopefully youll have better luck then i did.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it! i had one of those trucks once. biggest pos i ever bought. hopefully youll have better luck then i did.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :rolleyes: My brother has had 2 and just beat the crap out of them, and did next to no maitance. They both live well into the 200s. I guess if I kill it, a 4bt might look good in there.;Sweet

Matthew

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be a good truck... my Dad has its bigger brother 87 F-250 4x4 EC 5.4 4x4 Auto.... and yes the 7 lugs......

Just watch out for the spitting spark plugs.... Dad had one on the right side spit out right after he got it....... alum. head and 2 or 3 threads holding the plug in.....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
They are a good truck. I had a 97 4wd w a 5speed, 4.2 V6LOL. I bought it @ 150k and put a jasper reman in it(bad head gasket). I put another 50k in a year flogging the crap out of the truck(had to, it had 3:08 gears). Then I FINALLY put 4:10s in it. It was a totally new truck. Went from 15mpg to 22mpg and had power. Had the truck another 50k then sold it to a old guy down the street. I dont think he has put 5k on it in the past 4 years

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my last one. 4.2 5 speed 3.55 gears. Was a great truck.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squats like my chevy extended cab with a small load of wood in it. thats one of the reasons I went to a larger truck. Was probally pretty good on gas with the 5 speed tho huh?

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squats like my chevy extended cab with a small load of wood in it. thats one of the reasons I went to a larger truck. Was probally pretty good on gas with the 5 speed tho huh?

It wasn't great it got about 15-19 mpg. My idi can do that and haul more wood.