new rig

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Man, y'all are making me miss my 97... Yours looks like it could be it's little brother.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully yours treats you well.

Last edited:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Did your new truck come with the 4.6 or the 5.4?? I didn't catch what year it was either. Doesn't look to be a 97 since the exhaust comes out the back.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words. :rolleyes: My brother has had 2 and just beat the crap out of them, and did next to no maitance. They both live well into the 200s. I guess if I kill it, a 4bt might look good in there.;Sweet

Matthew

My father has a 97 F250. Beats the living snot out of it, never maintains it (I just did oil change after EIGHTEEN MONTHS!).

He tows way over the limit, rams it through the woods, pulls trees, pushes everything, loads it til it's dragging...

Things runs great! :thumbsup:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words. :rolleyes: My brother has had 2 and just beat the crap out of them, and did next to no maitance. They both live well into the 200s. I guess if I kill it, a 4bt might look good in there.;Sweet

Matthew

my uncle had one and it was a dang good truck. he bought it new, beat the hell out of it as a work/farm truck and it had well over 200k on it when he traded it in. guess i gotta lemon? :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember you posting that you were getting rid of your IDI. Now I see you have a good conversion candidate. LOL

Nice going on the twin sticks. You can't find a truck with one, yet alone two anymore.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your new truck come with the 4.6 or the 5.4?? I didn't catch what year it was either. Doesn't look to be a 97 since the exhaust comes out the back.
Its a '99 and a 4.6. I think thats the only combo you could get with a 5spd and a 8.

I remember you posting that you were getting rid of your IDI. Now I see you have a good conversion candidate. LOL

Nice going on the twin sticks. You can't find a truck with one, yet alone two anymore.

I wont get rid of my idi, unless I get some crazy $ for it.
We'll see how she holds up.
btw your pump is working great, I just cant keep my foot out of it:dunno
A twin sticker seems to be my style, so I'll just stick with it.;Sweet
Matthew

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig, I had an 99 F-150 4x4 250 thousand miles no problem, I only had to replace 2 rear axles twice due to putting on airbags and towing a well oversized dump trailer when the 250 was broke down, Just saying it held its own and certainly paid for itself, I liked how nice and smooth it rode down the ruffest of roads, no ******* blood after a long haul like my 350.

tractorman86

Reaction score
You scored with the 4.6 and manual tranny and tc. I have never heard of a4.6 farting sparkplugs just 5.4s. Also in my experience they are a little more peppy than a 5.4

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a '99 4x4 4.6 slushbox with 220k+ and he works out of it. There nice trucks but do squat pretty bad with what I wouldnt even call much of a "load". 10 sheets of ply and 3-4 packs of tile and it looked like it was on bumpstops. Had good power though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online