New radiator

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my second Spectra radiator started leaking, I decided to go with an aluminum replacement. Since I have the wide 15x37" style, there is no aluminum replacement that is mass produced. I had this one custom-made and it arrived today:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was referred to a company named Dubz Thermal Products after I had initially contacted Rodney Red. Total price came out to $1,000 shipped.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Rad! Price is beyond what I'd be willing to spend, however I like the design! The 45 degree corner reinforcements are something Champion might consider. In my opinion, that's the weak point of their product. Structural flex results in leaks between tanks and cores.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Rad! Price is beyond what I'd be willing to spend, however I like the design! The 45 degree corner reinforcements are something Champion might consider. In my opinion, that's the weak point of their product. Structural flex results in leaks between tanks and cores.

Yeah, and actually the Spectra wide style radiators have 2 X-tie bars running across it that are supposed to prevent that flex, but right at the tank and core is where I kept getting leaks. He specifically wanted to do the corner reinforcements because of how wide it is.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is rodney red no longer an option?
Hunting a recore on my factory rad.
Quotes @$1350 up

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like Dubz Thermal Products is mostly on Face Book.
ttps://www.google.com/search?q=Dubz+Thermal+Products&sxsrf=AOaemvK693hU1b_CEPc2lnP44Wo7aFTHzw:1630468177828&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwig3bmk79zyAhURv54KHWgeBAcQ_AUoA3oECAE

They make some nice looking radiators.
Hey, it`s only money...right?

Charlie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88