New Paint....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya'll are GROSS! I just lost my lunch....... :puke: LOL! :rotflmao

No, Gruss is gross.

hehe I will get some pics, right now i'm just covered in oil n' soot from that truck of mine...... hahaha

Yanno, when I saw that pic of a grimy hand holding a turbo housing with chipped red finner nail polish I thought that was cool. I'm thinkin you'd look pretty good covered in grease and soot. ;)

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well the hole won't work I know what happens is with the pump turned up any how the sides of the stacks get covered in soot then when it rains this soaks up the water and and then its heavy and gets blown loose. The soot stains suck especially with all the diamond tread we have. If its raining still it won't mater it washes right off while its wet but when it dries its a pain. I've found if I barelly get off of idle and shift all the way up to 5th that when the exhaust finally starts blowing it out that the wind blows most of it clear of the truck

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about turnouts for the stacks? What happens with all these semis that have the straight stacks not even mitre cut? How do they not spew a horrendous mix of soot and dirty water all over the trucks or do they?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
How about turnouts for the stacks? What happens with all these semis that have the straight stacks not even mitre cut? How do they not spew a horrendous mix of soot and dirty water all over the trucks or do they?

I remember running when my uncle fired up his peterbilt 379, it was a long time ago, but there was black crap falling from the sky everywhere. I would just say that most big rigs arent turned up. Looks at some trailers though, they are sooted up pretty good sometimes.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of the avi's I find off the web and some others are pics I've taken. Keep in mind that all I carry is the stupid cameraphone, so the my pics are pretty obvious. why do i switch them? ummmmm.....isn't variety good for the soul?:D;Sweet

Oh, hell yeah, keep 'em coming :love: :D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some straight up stacks here and I've always wondered what happens in one of our gully washers. A little rain will get boiled off as long as the truck is running. I'm thinking she needs turnouts or rain caps. You gotta understand we get some REAL heavy rain here often in the summer.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JD, that's what I'm saying too, if I can get water in my 2.5" stack, those 6" chimneys she's getting will be very very easy to fill with water... on my old Chevy gasser I had dual 2.5" miter-cut stacks (towards the centerline of the bed, not in corners, that would be retarded) and those would take some water every time it rained, I had some 1-liter Mountain Dew bottles cut in half and was using the bottom part as rain caps, lol

tractorman86

Reaction score
no, i'm not saying the hole will stop it from blowing soot, just that it will keep water from settling in the bottom of the exhaust if she dosent drive it for a few days. the soot is inevitable if the pump is turned up.:smoke:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
So I'm picking the stacks up tomorrow for sure..... Also, we will probly drill a small hole in the bottom there as a drain, I will take pics of all this stuff, don't worry..... I can't wait!! :) I'm not too worried about some soot......

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know its going to blow soot, its the soot water emulsion that's so hard to clean that you want to avoid. But...if you drill and open hole in the exhaust doesn't that give you an exhaust leak? Or is it just too small to amount to anything on a 5-6" exhaust say? Or you could have a hole at the bottom with draincocks...would that work?

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure yet, sort of gunna take it one step at a time.... getting the stacks would be first, lol then we'll check out what exactly needs to be done......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG! You guys are gonna get me fired. Can we use smaller pictures for that kind of tripe? :puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7