New Paint....

RedTruck

Reaction score
Chicks and charcoal? What is it with chicks and charcoal? I mean they love the tutty fruity drinks...the pink and purple...lace and doily's...Micheal Buble...sugar and spice and all things nice...and charcoal colored pickups.

...One of these things is not like the other...

It's a great color...I really like it, but I just don't get it.

All kidding asside: You've got a great looking rig there. Nice clean lines. The mods are tasteful. You should be very proud of it.

Paul

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately there's only three ladies here who own IDI trucks.
checking the view counts on the pics tells much of the basement dwellers here. put a female in the pic with the truck.....there a 57 view count;p the rest of the pics....oh 5-15 views....cookoo
if nothing else, Tom's wife has some pic competition here:thumbsup:

I think your math is a little short there Calvin, possibly due to symantics.

Off hand, I can think of:

Suzi
Sam
Tanya
Karen
Danielle
Tom's wife ?
Tom's daughter ?

I know there were maybe 2 or 3 more that have posted either here or on TDS over the years. Diana Blasington or something like that, and a few others, most with horse trailers.

Sam's not dumb. She knew throwing that picture of her in there with the truck was going to increase views! LOL

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your math is a little short there Calvin, possibly due to symantics.

Off hand, I can think of:

Suzi
Sam
Tanya
Karen
Danielle
Tom's wife ?
Tom's daughter ?

I know there were maybe 2 or 3 more that have posted either here or on TDS over the years. Diana Blasington or something like that, and a few others, most with horse trailers.

Sam's not dumb. She knew throwing that picture of her in there with the truck was going to increase views! LOL
hey mel-
how many have posed in front of their trucks and posted a pic here?
only other one I know of is Tom's wife. She runs a close 2nd to Bama's anti tailgating device in the gallerycookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey mel-
how many have posed in front of their trucks and posted a pic here?
only other one I know of is Tom's wife. She runs a close 2nd to Bama's anti tailgating device in the gallerycookoo

Not sure about that, but I think we should encourage that kind of behavior! :D

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
You guys are so silly! :D If i hadn't taken a quick pic with me AND the truck ya'll would have been asking for one...... so I thought ahead.... and took a less than decent pic of myself with the truck..... lol!;p I'm a hard person to offend anyways so no worries, can't really scare me off, sort of stuck with me, haha! cookoo

Also..... I don't know any other chicks with grey trucks, which is of course fine by me!!!

And on a serious note..... I had Maaco do the paint, I did my homework, shopped around a lot before I went there, and was a bit on the fence about it, but they are individually owned, and I liked the other stuff they had been working on that was sitting around their shop ( 66.5 bronco in orange, a couple jeeps, and an old camaro, etc) And as far as cost goes it was $2100.00 out the door, that was with a decent amount of body work, stipping the hood and basically the whole right side of the truck. Yes, the door jams got painted as well, wouldn't want it to look tacky. I did a little of the body work myself, some easy scratches and dings, but left the big stuff for them (someone jack knifed into the cab and on the right side crushed in behind the door.) Also, I have a 5 year warrenty on the work...... :thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than decent? Only by Sharia Law standards!! Tasteful I thought... now about Maaco, my brother has had 2 paint jobs doen by them on a 1996 Isuzu Trooper, paid for by Bank of Dad/ the Insurance Company. He too switched the entire color scheme from a 2-tone green/gray to a single tone jet black. Its held up real well, except for a little checking at the front bumper, nothing bad though. You must have spent the big bucks for their "presidential" package to get the 5 yr. warranty. That would be clear coat, polyurethane paint, and kiln drying. I believe they have the economy version, midrange, which is what Zach got and then the premium version. They're not cheap but they usually do good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin