New Paint on the Old Girl

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
First I just wanted to say hey to everyone. Got laid off at work back in July and sold my house in MS at the same time. Went to work on a shut-down workign 7 12's for a month. Then went on vacation to Gatlinburg, TN and got back the other night. So needless to say I've been a bit remiss in my internet usage.

Nevertheless, I finally got the wifey to agree to let me start fixing up the Dodge so that it doesn't rot away. Step 1 has been completed. Just got a new paint job on her. Four coats of Sherwin Williams' premum auto paint and four coats of clear. The roof was pretty bad off so I had it stripped completely to bare metal and then primed and painted. It is close to the stock maroon but it does have a hint of orange in it. Also painted the wheels with a coat of flat black Rustoleum and a finish coat of their Hammered black paint http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=29

Over the next few months I will be getting a new grille for it, tinting the windows, putting in a bed liner, building a bench rear seat that will have a storage space and room for a subwoofer, and a stereo system upgrade. I may also do a few other minor things and before too long the H1C is getting replaced. Anyway hope ya'll like the pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Thought about going with stacks but I'm still undecided. This will be a budget build project so I may have to piece some things together. If I go with stacks I'm going to go with black on them too.