New or Not

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So I was searching ebay and found this item. The seller makes it sound like it was a new pump but.. I'm not so sure it is a new pump. If it was by now sitting all these years tells me it will need some seals. I would run it if I was on the dark side of the moon on a sunday night late and wanted to "get home". But never attempt using it for a daily driver today.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291584057826?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

gandalf

Reaction score
$1200 ???? I want some of whatever he's smoking. It must be some really good stuff. ;Sweet:D:rolleyes:

I'll agree with the above. I have a hard time believing that is a new, ******, pump:eek:. I too think more likely a rebuilt unit.

Has anybody bothered to ask him questions?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I had an OEM pump on my '93 when I bought it. The paint dabs were not bright orange. They were a dull red color.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the high idle bracket looks like it came from the junk yard, its rusty and appears to have wire wheel marks. the side fuel plate looks a little rusty too. im going to say its rebuilt and the seller has no idea what it really is or its true value. he probably has a bunch of duramax buddies and got the price from them, since they always need work.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We sure have become a hard bunch... I recognised the older fast idle solenoid & bracket but still wonder just a bit if this truly is a new pump he purchased. Clearly the seller has never actually worked on an idi engine or fuel system if he had "his mechanic" install the parts on this pump because he could not. I'm not seeing anything any owner could not achieve on their own with a few simple wrenches.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I say reman as well. First clue is the fact that there is no paint dabs on the screws that hold the top cover on. the second clue is in the description at the bottom where it says that it "was set up by Metro Fuel Injection Corp of Agawam Mass."