new member from France

vlrd56

Reaction score
What nice welcomes,thancks all for.
This truck was used by a man racing with dogs in scandinavia 3 month a year,The bars are I suppose to protect aganst the reindeer during long rides in the snow.
I do a little maconnery but very spécial as I work to fight 'squatts' in Paris by closing empty buildins with blocks and heavy metal doors
Do not be afraid to write in french,I also understand it

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite a sight to see, a big ol Ford diesel in Paris. Welcome bud.
Could be worse...in 2008, I spent a couple of days in Paris, including a city tour in a 55-pax bus. The roads weren't meant for something that big (it was the same size as the big tour buses you see in the U.S.), but it didn't stop the driver from going all over the place (including entering the Louvre courtyard; the bus's mirrors cleared the pillars by millimeters :shocked: ). Large personal vehicles are a rare sight there, to be sure, but there are quite a few larger commercial vehicles around. With that said, between London, Paris, and Rome, I stopped complaining about maneuvering stretch limos around San Francisco after that trip LOL

Je parle un peu francais, mais mon francais est tres mal :(

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OB. I know what you mean by liking vehicles from the other side of the Atlantic. When in Iceland, I drove a Renault diesel six speed van. It hauled the entire crew of 9 folks all over the country for 11 days. The only time I needed to fill up was right before we turned it back in at the rental place. I loved the power, room, and fuel economy. But, we can't get them here in the US.:D

Heath

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard: always cool to see some Detroit iron on the other side of the pond ;Sweet

Great pictures, and good luck to you on the narrow roads :D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, nice trucks.
What on earth do you have to do to get parts there, do you have to go to a heavy truck dealer or what? At least, ironically, you have the ability to get a quality replacement fan clutch over there that is not available here. Sachs makes one for these things but it's only sold in Europe for some strange reason. All we can get here is the junk made by Hayden and teh factory ones that have slipped in quality and aren't much better.

vlrd56

Reaction score
For parts I order at rockauto parts because I don't know any other and either to be sent in France or at my sister's in NY when I know she will come to visit us soon.
Here there is no part at all exept few stores which confuse Ford with Bmw or Bentley

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockauto is a good choice! We use them here a lot.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that truck looks like a bently with that mud and dirt on it??????????????????
um ok i thought our parts guys were bad
they look up tstats for 68 vw bugs

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.:thumbsup: It is really cool to see all of the different people that make it to this site. NIce truck and you do have a good source for parts with Rockauto. Best of luck and hope to hear from you frequently.;Sweet

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Bienvenue! Je parle un peut de Francais, mais je me regret que je ne sais pas beaucoup des mots des camions...

Ces camions sont tres simples comme les Dentsides (j'ai un '73) y Bumpsides, mais il n'y a pas des... um... spark plugs.

Regardez les FAQs dans cet forum - tout le monde est ici!

For 25 years, I've been waiting to put that high school French class to use! Merci! LOL

That's basically what I wanted to say! It's been a while since I lived in Canada though...

Anyway, welcome to the site my friend! You will not be disappointed being here, I can assure you! ;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ocnorb is that that fancy waterless coolant?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance