New exhaust

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Finally got home form Africa last night so i got up early today got the old driver side exhaust manifold changed out ( as per discussion last tread) then i got cleaned up threw my new 5" exhaust kit in the bed then headed to the local muffler shop they charged me 100 bucks to modify it and weld on all new hangers but for them to deal with it i didn't complain also when i removed the crossover pipe i found where my 3"down pipe was rubbing on the bell housing making a god awfule rattle in the cab so got that all patched up as well so now its a 3" down pipe to stright 5" all the way out the back and outside all you can here is the turbo singing no more leak just a nice sweet tone:thumbsup: the only issue i had on the whole task was removing that dam heat shield in the vary back of he engine o and also when i put the new manifold on got the new studs in and the nuts that came with the manifold were coarse thread < same as the old ones, but the new studs that came with the manifold were fine thread? ***:dunno o well no big deal i reused the old ones and all is well still kind of irritating though and yes if anyone is curious i used anti seize on all the hardware all in all it turned out pretty nice see pics

You must be registered for see images attach

The guys at the muffler shop hanging the new pipe

The finished product and yes I did have to remove the spare tire-Lame

Old busted up manifold

The only part that i have to wait for is my new gauges i did drill and tap a bung for an exhaust probe but just didnt order the parts in time for them to get here before the weekend o well

Last edited:

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit on eBay but obviously i didn't use the down pipe and just had the local muffler shop weld it together and made new hangers didnt use the ones in the kit then i guess u could sell the down pipe on craigs list or ebay and recoup some of the money thats what i did anyway got 75 bucks for the down pipe heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1697wt_939

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online