New Diesel Mag and One of Our Own Is In It!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
So this morning I stop in Wally World (I know ***) on my way home from work to pick up something for my wife. I always stop by the magazine rack no matter what store I'm in. There it is... 8-Lug Diesel Truck "premier issue" (www.8-lug.com) so I pick it up and head on my merry way.

I finally got to read through it tonight. Low and behold on the last page inside the back cover is a big ole' picture of the Blizzard. Congradulations to Rob Fox for being published in yet another diesel truck mag in less than a year (or there abouts)!

My estimation of the magazine, which professes to be the sister publication to Diesel Power, is it's kind of along the lines of Truckin. Excellent photography, a few how to's, lots of high dollar show trucks, and a few girls thrown in for good measure. I prefer Diesel Power at this point, but at least the exposure/market is growing.

Again, first and foremost, congrats to Rob for getting some more exposure for the old IDI's!;Sweet

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet

He must know somebody though. How the heck do you get in the premier issue if you don't?

Way to go Rob either way!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
WOW,Picked up a copy last night(got a wild air up my butt at 1AM to get the magazine!).I like it better the diesel Power.Atleast this one has a better Article to Advertisement ratio than Diesel Power.And they started out covering all 3 makes.Just wonder though,How many of the 08 and after Stupiddoody owners are gonna gripe cause they can't be in it.....THe new ones are gonna be 10 lug with 19.5s factory from what I read.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well, as you guys may have noticed, I'm not posting much these days. (new job and life has me busy) I figured I had better get off my butt and reply to this one....
But I have no Idea how I ended up in this new mag. Never heard of it. I'll have to grab a copy and see what thats about. The funny part is, those who have seen my truck in person know that its far from perfect. I mean, not even close. Is it the same pic as before?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Well, as you guys may have noticed, I'm not posting much these days. (new job and life has me busy) I figured I had better get off my butt and reply to this one....
But I have no Idea how I ended up in this new mag. Never heard of it. I'll have to grab a copy and see what thats about. The funny part is, those who have seen my truck in person know that its far from perfect. I mean, not even close. Is it the same pic as before?

Rob

It's the same pic from before. The Blizzard in your driveway up in Denver. They probably got it from their sister publication Diesel Power. Almost the same verbage too, but you got half a page this time.:Sly

Tom

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Copied this from SDD

went to wally world to get baby boy some size 6's, and as i always do, i go by the magazine isle to see whats new.

they had a new diesel mag call 8-LUG Diesel Truck

it is a sister mag of diesel power mag.

it is geared towards 3/4 & 1 ton trucks only.

pretty cool mag, just thought i would let ya'll know about it, incase someone has never heard of it.

in the editors letters, he states that they want, and i qoute,
Quote:
"the kind of vehicles we focus on are good-looking, fancy show trucks. we're not out there looking for plain-Jane vehicles with 1300 lb-ft of torque. we'll take 500 lb-ft of torque and a radical suspension, big ol' wheels and tires, chrome, custom interior, lots of audio/visual toys and more. think of it more like Truckin' magazine for diesel trucks."

So it looks like they are looking for "Bling Bling" type of trucks. Not sure why you would buy a 8 lug truck if you weren't looking for power ????? I guess for my truck to be in their magazine, I should install a TV, DVD player,PS2 with 400 speakers, put a 40" lift under it and swap in a 2.3 turbo engine out of a Pinto? I'm sticking with my "plain jane" get'r done lifestyle. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Copied this from SDD.......

Quote:
"the kind of vehicles we focus on are good-looking, fancy show trucks. we're not out there looking for plain-Jane vehicles with 1300 lb-ft of torque. we'll take 500 lb-ft of torque and a radical suspension, big ol' wheels and tires, chrome, custom interior, lots of audio/visual toys and more. think of it more like Truckin' magazine for diesel trucks."
So it looks like they are looking for "Bling Bling" type of trucks. Not sure why you would buy a 8 lug truck if you weren't looking for power ????? I guess for my truck to be in their magazine, I should install a TV, DVD player,PS2 with 400 speakers, put a 40" lift under it and swap in a 2.3 turbo engine out of a Pinto? I'm sticking with my "plain jane" get'r done lifestyle. Thank you very much.

Yea...that seems cookoo and if it wern't for Rob's article I would have wanted a refund ;Really and I have to agree that 8 lug "borrowed" copy from diesel power....but HEY!....we can say we knew Rob back when:D :hail

Like "Truckin" eh.....:puke: :puke: no thanks

BTW....just how is 500 ft lb of torque gonna move them...."radical suspensions, big ol' wheels and tires and all that chrome" :confused: :rolleyes:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Yea...that seems cookoo and if it wern't for Rob's article I would have wanted a refund ;Really and I have to agree that 8 lug "borrowed" copy from diesel power....but HEY!....we can say we knew Rob back when:D :hail

Like "Truckin" eh.....:puke: :puke: no thanks

BTW....just how is 500 ft lb of torque gonna move them...."radical suspensions, big ol' wheels and tires and all that chrome" :confused: :rolleyes:

Who's got a bunch of extra money lying around they don't need?:rotflmao We could start up a magazine titled "8-Lug Beaters and Work Trucks":thumbsup: . No current generations allowed from any of the OEM's. All trucks must be previous generation or older; maybe a big rig or two; and some older diesel ag equipment. No programmer or "chip" advertising allowed.:rolleyes: Outta be able to sell 3 or 4 issues.LOL

Tom

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Who's got a bunch of extra money lying around they don't need?:rotflmao We could start up a magazine titled "8-Lug Beaters and Work Trucks":thumbsup: . No current generations allowed from any of the OEM's. All trucks must be previous generation or older; maybe a big rig or two; and some older diesel ag equipment. No programmer or "chip" advertising allowed.:rolleyes: Outta be able to sell 3 or 4 issues.LOL

Tom
I've been working on something like that, Was gonna call it "Farm Trucks From Hell".
I mean think about it, Every truck on this page, with the exception of one bastardized but still way cool bronco, would be perfectly at home on any farm anywhere. In fact, Mine was rescued from a farm.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score

Tom

Sadly...those chip/programmers are the only real way to get power outta the newer fly by wire engines and in many cases lead the truck down a path of pre- mature self destruction ;Really cookoo

With the old school knowledge you basement guys have and share, a semi-monthly publication could be a reality ;Sweet.

Like the other "specialty" mags out there, a following is all but garenteed...get a few recogniseable names at first...DIS , DAS, Suncoast, Stanadyne, and if you get Ken's butt straight :eek: :D etc......

Forget the bling and useless trailer queens and target the owners that have them for their intended purpose along with articles covering the norm and how to keep them humming along in a reliable fashion as opposed to seeking the limits of abuse before failure.