New bull moose pump today. Have a question

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im still a little curious.did you need to tip your ip way off to one side to get it running? so in other words,it doesn't look straight up and down,but tipped way over to one side or the other pretty hard?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
im still a little curious.did you need to tip your ip way off to one side to get it running? so in other words,it doesn't look straight up and down,but tipped way over to one side or the other pretty hard?

Very good question to ask.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
To veryfy the gear timing is correct bring the damper to the top dead center mark. Thats in the middle of the short fat damper mag probe location. Just clean off some road dirt from the tab to actually see this. Once the damper is at that place remove the front diamond cover and look at the injection pump drive bolts. Those 3 bolts that are the 12 point 5/16 hex. One will be directly straight down and the drive pin will be in this position.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 96

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i put a 3 way connector on tank for return and main line to go to and ran the 2 off that to the fuel tank switch and 1 to the tank would that work or would it cause pressure build up

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prolly going to ha e to check it. It has a lope to it when it runs.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to check the timing gear with out taking front cover of engine off. Can i just unbolt cover and go fm there

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looking at my pic all you do is bring the engine up to top dead center number one cylinder by rotating the crank till the timing mark is in the middle of the short fat mag probe hole at the damper. Then have the small diamond shaped cover off the front of the injection pump gear cover. Look in and hopefully see the drive pin and the 5/16 hex bolt head like my pic. Rotating the crank to tdc may get you what you want ot its 180 degrees out. Thats just the nature of the beast for timing rotation of the crank. The crank turns twice for every one turn of the cam or injection pump gear. Reason for this 2 to 1 turning is thats required for the timing to always be the same. Crank gear has h;af the teeth as the other gears. All engines must have this ratio of teeth. If they did not you would never see the same timing every 2 rotations of the crank.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok simple enough, so it it needs adjusted then i pull pump and set down on to match timing marks

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also another question kinda of thos topic. I ha e a banks turbo and it has this giant pain in my ass air box i want to replace it with something else anyone have an idea or the update one will work. It is a process to take off put on. Rather smash my **** with a hammer than deal with it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i put a 3 way connector on tank for return and main line to go to and ran the 2 off that to the fuel tank switch and 1 to the tank would that work or would it cause pressure build up

Would you like to provide a diagram? I couldn't follow that.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up running main line out of bottom of tank and return line to the to top return line into tank. I was going to use a 3 way to hook return and feed line together from bottom of the tank but i feared it would build to much pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist