new addition to the fleet, finally

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Picked this baby up in Michigan, still up there, needs a clutch so it'll have to go on a detach, any body in the area? Been wanting one for a while, 12.5 ton, 103 ft reach with the jib. It freekin' blows that it is a chevy gasser, but I want to find a gmc/chevy donor truck with a diesel in it.

Attachments

• IMGP0201.JPG
    IMGP0201.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP0202.JPG
    IMGP0202.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP0203.JPG
    IMGP0203.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP0205.JPG
    IMGP0205.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMGP0204.JPG
    IMGP0204.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 3

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Mostly trusses and walls, roofing stuff. I hope after I move back to the Okanogan next June that I will get some log homes to build. I want to install some towers for wind generators for off the grid folks, and just general fun stuff.

Ooooh, you mean like a cummins, yea, I hadn't thought of the GM adapters for them. I was just thinking of the ol' Detroit 8.2L that came in so many of these trucks. Good point.;Sweet crap, on second thought then I would need a diesel trans too. and fab mounts and damn maybe I should just stick with the old 366.

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
An 8.2 Detroit will get pretty good fuel economy, probably double what the 366 gets. Just have to find a decent one at a decent price. With a name like "Fuel Pincher", they are becoming increasingly harder to find. Trade it in in a couple years, & get a better truck.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I bought one last year. Oddly enough it came out of Traverse City Mich.!
Mine is diesel (n.a.) and the guy delivered it to me. (drove it down) Mine has the crane mounted at the rear of the bed instead of behind the cab, so it will load over either end however it doesn't have a jib. I wish it did.
If I were you, I don't think I would be afraid of the gas burner.

Chuck

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I want to install some towers for wind generators for off the grid folks

Hell buddy, nice find, but you needn't wait until you move to get some use out of it. Athens, Ohio would be a great place for some wind towers, the only place in the world with a more constant stream of hot air is Washington D.C. - not to mention, 99.9% of Athens is "OFF THE GRID" probably farther than you could do them any good though even with 100+ feet of reach! :rotflmao :rotflmao

;Sweet :dunno cookoo

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
The 366 won't hall more than itself. One of my winch trucks had this
powerplant,I run out of power leaving a location and lost the whole truck and trailer down
a ravine! We pulled it out salvaged the winch bed, the 32' gooseneck only
needed a few minor repairs. We put the bed on a Pete and solved the
problem. Any way the moral of the story is get your moneys worth out of the
current chassis while you look for a replacement. You can buy a good cab and
chassis for less than a new engine.