Need parts for an Old banks non wastegated turbo

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You buy cheap parts for these engines and you will get crap.

stacy santens

Reaction score
Befor I bought my injectors I made sure they were pop tested I dont know if that makes any difference. How ever my diesel is running way smoother now. Luckly I ended up with a day off so im going to try an knock my fire wall back to fit the exhaust pipe that comes off the turbo in.

stacy santens

Reaction score
Finished my turbo everything seems to be working I just took it to have new tires thrown on. the old girls running way happier an with that loud turbo whistle iy sounds pretty mean. I ive got the pump turned up one flat an I still need to buy a pyrometer

Last edited:

mitch20

Reaction score
goodmorning guys im having troubles. i just picked up a partial banks kit for my 7.3 idi and i cant find an installation manual anywhere, its the old style with the square airbox. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appriciated.

barr05

Reaction score
Go to bankspower.com, they still have the installation manuals on there.. It is under the Support link, then owners manual, then ford, then first generation turbo

bigrigmailman

Reaction score
I went to the website, looked under the tabs you referred to but all I find is the 2nd gen sidewinder wastegated turbo guide any help with locating the manual would be greatly appreciated. I installed the entire kit yesterday but after firing it up I must of done something wrong. There is oil coming out of the exhaust side of my turbo, not sure what I did wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the website, looked under the tabs you referred to but all I find is the 2nd gen sidewinder wastegated turbo guide any help with locating the manual would be greatly appreciated. I installed the entire kit yesterday but after firing it up I must of done something wrong. There is oil coming out of the exhaust side of my turbo, not sure what I did wrong.

You probably should make your own topic, but first off... Pull the oil cap and run with it like that for a test.
If your CDR setup isn't right, just like the OP here, you'll end up with crankcase pressure blowing oil out the turbo seals.
Removing the oil cap will vent the crankcase gasses to the air /if you have any problem/. You can also see if there is anything coming out with it running. If your CDR is connected properly, you shouldn't see anything really coming out the oil cap. CDR removed or blocked? You'll get a massive stream coming out.

bigrigmailman

Reaction score
That makes sense I'll give that a try, thank you. I'll start a different tread next time sorry.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys know banks has a tech line ,,,,?right?