Need good affordable aftermaket filter and water separator

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever just took our factory filter minus the water in fuel wires and stuck it under the cab? I was thinking of doing this. Would free up a lot more room under the hood. And i could run a air filter to all that free space on the passenger side.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G.W Buffalo - I tried PM'ing you, but your mailbox is full. Can you send me your email address? Thanks!

On the subject in this thread, I think those are really good pumps! However if they see a lot of cold they will need protecting where you mount them. It got to be well sub zero this past winter and the filter assy on the portable tank broke off with a nudge by my brother. I don't know how well that particular pump does either, so someone else will have to cover that. And would they be mounted near a heat assy like exhaust?

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Micron rating note.

Two basic types of rating. Nominal and absolute.

A 4 micron listing could mean that it will block particles as small as 4 micron but it could also allow particles as large as 10 micron. This is called a nominal rating.

An absolute rated 4 micron filter will stop 98.6% of all particles 4 micron or larger.

If a filter does not state that it is absolute rated, then assume that rating is nominal, and really just a guess or estimate but may not offer the protection that you expect.