my turbo build thread and other junkm pic heavy

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i can change as needed theres so much out here for these turbos is why i choose it also i dont want it spinning too soon
this should come in to the power range 2200 rpm or so
so at peak torgue for me 1500 or so (motors not stock) it will just be starting to build boost
and at 2200 (most common rpms im at while towing) it will be making good boost
also the larger housing causing lag will me to watch the boost gauge this isnt going to be a fast truck just strong as hell

also the motor is stroked to 7.6l or 7.7 idr which but the larger motor will flow more also it will get a 4k rpm spring so a bigger housing seems ok to start with

FordGuy100

Reaction score
21cm Housing I dont think you will be spooling unless you are WOT. I think the chart I saw said they use a T4 mount, and a 21cm housing is the equivilant to like a 1.50A/R exhaust housing. It would be like driving an OBS PSD except worse.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well see how it goes im going to have money for the 19cm when it goes on
also its a t3 mount still the large truck ones used a t4 mount but anything for the small cummins uses a t3

FordGuy100

Reaction score
well see how it goes im going to have money for the 19cm when it goes on
also its a t3 mount still the large truck ones used a t4 mount but anything for the small cummins uses a t3

Your right, my bad. HX40 uses T4. Duh Justin LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what rods are you using on the stroker crank.?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
21cm Housing I dont think you will be spooling unless you are WOT. I think the chart I saw said they use a T4 mount, and a 21cm housing is the equivilant to like a 1.50A/R exhaust housing. It would be like driving an OBS PSD except worse.

OBS psd are not too bad with the lag, mine starts boosting around 1800-2000psi but it just dont have the power snd the kick my idi turbo has

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OBS psd are not too bad with the lag, mine starts boosting around 1800-2000psi but it just dont have the power snd the kick my idi turbo has

Yes, a 1.15A/R OBS turbo (T3 mount) wont build till that point. My point is that with a 7.7l engine, a 1.5ishA/R will be slower to spool. But if you have a nonoverdrive tranny it would be about perfect ;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yes, a 1.15A/R OBS turbo (T3 mount) wont build till that point. My point is that with a 7.7l engine, a 1.5ishA/R will be slower to spool. But if you have a nonoverdrive tranny it would be about perfect ;Sweet

OBS is a t4 not t3

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya its a non od tranny so ill be in boost a lot when running highway
rus from what i could tell when the pan was dropped they looked like a h beam racing rod is about all i can say not exactly sure off what but i bet they are custom and it looked like the block was clearenced

histroy on the motor as i know
in around 90-92 the truck was owned by a towing company who blew the motor low on oil. the motor was replaced with a reman (stock new ford motor with bottom end torn out and replaced with a stroker setup) i call it a reman becasue it wasnt new from ford(ih) but the p/o had all the reciepts and before i bought this truck i only had heavy diesel experience but when he said stroker and showed the paperwork i just said ok kinda thought it was like a sbc stroked to 383 very common thing and all so since he did a lot of work on it for his business in the last year i let him keep all the reciepts instead of sort through them i just wanted to drive it too
so the reciept described the process of the reman process as i did above they used a stroker kit and put it in a brand new engine at this point the truck had 150k on it
now idr if it was 7.6 or 7.7l for sure but all the kits i seen are 7.7
one old guy round here had one back when i was about 13 his was 7.7 and another i found online once with the help of this site it was also 7.7 but 7.6 is what i think i saw on the reciept but that was 2 years before i found the stroker thing was not normal on these trucks. when i see the guy again ill ask him for the reciept but he has since moved so its when i see him but its still running strong and will pull anything
the power on a dyno is a bit higher than stock when he had it dynoed the numbers were around 200 hp 360 trq iirc at crank (tire dyno recalculated for crank) the ip cover is now from a 6.9 that was the first time the ip was replaced the second time i replaced the ip and i lined up the timing marks (took housing off too) and im not sure if its on or not i think its a bit off so i plan to hit the dyno and see what i get out of it some day but id like everythign else done i need done first

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Cool! ;Sweet

Nice thing about those housing are how easy they can be swapped out and how cheap they are. You can also go wastegated if you wanted to. I'd start at 21 and work your way down if need be :sly

Can't wait to see more!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a wged turbo hopefully sat ill get more done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online