my turbo build thread and other junkm pic heavy

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok this is mostly to show off the build of the turbo i know i have like 6 of these but hey this one will stay i can actually get stuff done on it now itll be slow but steady

You must be registered for see images attach

location pics itll be lower with the wheel well cut out
look what i found today no idea where i got um

the plans

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disassembled and cleaned and checked over

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the engine bay some things have been moved already but m boinb to put both batts on the drivers side to make more room

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i just moved the vacume thing from the inner fender to the motor on the dipstick bracket and shortened some vacume lines now im inside to cool off its 80 out today and thats hot for me

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and one thing to add is the turbo has an hx40 center section if that matters im thinking more oil so itll run cooler berings

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say -my truck has the same air cleaner. Is your truck loud as fawk in the cab with that open air element? It sounds like the engine noise is heading out of the intake and under the hood, I never hear the exhaust, just the motor.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya motor is loud as hell but sounds great
thats the one thing ill miss once the turbo is on

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya motor is loud as hell but sounds great
thats the one thing ill miss once the turbo is on

Yeah - mine is the same way, with the 4 speed it makes for a noisy ride, other people think you are racing the motor, but I'm just shifting at 2500 RPM, lol. LOL

built4tq1

Reaction score
I'm patiently awaiting to know how well she runs with the hx35. I built my setup much like the way you have designed yours, however I'm using an h1c turbo with a non gated 14cm2 housing. It works well for me but i think the hx35 would be the next best thing:sly Keep up the good work, I believe it to be a great fun build for you;Sweet

Just from my experience with my own build, perhaps you may want to thermal wrap the up pipes as well. Because of the long range in pipes from each manifold to the turbo. It will greatly help reduce your lag by trapping the exhaust heat. This may have been something you have already thought out. good luck!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why this is a slow build lots of costly heat wrap everything will get wrapped even the dp after the 3 in dp im going to run a 5 in pipe dumping out in front of the pass wheel
but also the 21cm housing will spool perfect like i stated ive had a ton of threads on this already and thats how all has been figured out

isnt the hc1 a vg turbo?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also tonite i plan to finish a harness for the gps since i took the old crap out it was messy and in the way

built4tq1

Reaction score
thats why this is a slow build lots of costly heat wrap everything will get wrapped even the dp after the 3 in dp im going to run a 5 in pipe dumping out in front of the pass wheel
but also the 21cm housing will spool perfect like i stated ive had a ton of threads on this already and thats how all has been figured out

isnt the hc1 a vg turbo?

The h1c was used on the first gen dodge cummins trucks from 88 to 93 with two types of exhaust housings, 21^cm2 and 18^cm2. Both were non gated as well. Non inter-cooled trucks (91-93) came with the "small" H1C which had a 7 blade 50mm inducer. while inter-cooled trucks came with a "large" 8 blade 54mm inducer which are the same wheel specs as the wh1c/hx35 turbos. The wh1c mentioned (which is a waste-gated version of the "big" h1c that utalizes a 12cm housing like the hx35) arrived in 94' just before the switch to the hx35 both are fairly close in flow characteristics with only minor external changes.

built4tq1

Reaction score
21cm housing is rather large, most first gen guys swap them out as they are too laggy.

Agreed. Guys running h2e on their "modded" powerstrokes even favor more to a 19^cm housing. I tried the 21 housing before i switched to the 14 and the 21 did not spool well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online