My thanks on Veterans Day

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
To all the Veterans that served our country, and to every one that is serving right now: Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.

May the Lord my God, YAHWEH, bless y'all. May He bless also the families waiting for those serving now and be specially with those that lost love ones.

The freedom we enjoy was paid with blood.

Thank you!

Burt. This redneck is still supporting Herman Cain.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your welcome from all of us here

We were proud to serve, it was our privilege and honor to do so. My thanks also go out to my fellow brothers in arms.

Thank You, yours in service, Sandrow, USMC/USNR

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
To all who have served, are serving or have loved ones who have done either, my heart felt thanks and may God bless you all!

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
It goes unsaid WAY too often, and I am guilty of it myself, but THANK YOU! My kids and my family are free and still speaking English, instead of German, Japanese, or Arabic (excuse my ignorance on the last one if it is wrong), and for that I cannot thank you enough!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's to all the Veterans, but especially the ones who own IDI's (had to say that to convince myself I'm leaving this here). LOL

Your service then and now is appreciated, and I never forget what it takes to allow me to live my life the way I do.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your service then and now is appreciated, and I never forget what it takes to allow me to live my life the way I do.

Well said. Thanks to those who have, do, or will put their lives on the line in defense of our nation.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Veterans! My father was Air Force during Vietnam, he won't talk about it (or even mention it or respond to questions), but he's starting to at least mention that he's a Veteran! My prayers go to all the men and women out there that need healing. Scars fade, but the memories seem to leave a much longer affect and often the recovery for those is overlooked. Thank you again

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Thank you Veterans! My father was Air Force during Vietnam, he won't talk about it (or even mention it or respond to questions), but he's starting to at least mention that he's a Veteran! My prayers go to all the men and women out there that need healing. Scars fade, but the memories seem to leave a much longer affect and often the recovery for those is overlooked. Thank you again

Danielle,

There were some things about Vietnam that put another layer to the horror of the war; the uncertainty of every day life for our troops was made worse because there was no clear purpose and vision from the top. Add to witness the death of your friends by your side when you are told not to shoot unless attacked first or when you are pulling him towards the Huey,wounded both, without any hope of air support or back up under a hail of bullets. The bitter taste of retrieving when you know you should be advancing and finally to leave in shame. All that was terrible but the worse was to get back home and be spat in your face and called "baby killer", despised and ashamed.
I understand perfectly to your father. He's my brother. Please send him my appreciation for being there, for us. God bless him.

Burt.

94IDIT

Reaction score
Thanks and God bless to all of those, serving and ret, who keep our country safe and free! It's an honor and a privelige to live in a nation such as ours were we can live in liberty. It's not a right however. Thank you so much to all who protect that honor and privelge!

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score

Danielle
What Burt said X2. The memories have a forever effect. Deb and myself have been watching the series Vietnam in HD (3 nights) we are taking tonight off,because we need to. Hug your Dad (our brother),welcome him home for me,I can honestly say I love him,he is one of us. Facing the demon is hard,but he needs to be thrown out of hiding. He hides in every one of us and will reside in us for eternity even if we do force him out.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understanding

I concur with all my brothers in arms here. Each war is a hell unto it's self and while I can only speak for myself My father fought through WWII,Korea, and caught a final tour in Nam. War changes people in such a way that many are introverted who were extroverts, once you have been in that situation it is impossible to forget and impossible to become the man you "were". Many times it causes divorce and all manner of collateral damage around the veterans loved ones the reasons are as varied as the people you can't lump them together and pinpoint the big WHY. My own father spoke two words to me when I came home they were "understand now"? I said yes sir after that we got along with a quiet beautiful relationship and I loved that crusty old man whom in my youth I thought was just a mean old ******. If you really want to touch him in a special way, simply be there and hug him tell him you love him unconditionally and look him in the eye when you say it. Some men experience survivors guilt that is almost crippling the best way to cure it is to spend time with him. Personally when I look at my six children and my grandchildren well........the answer is the beauty of life the love of my children, and the love I receive from the Lord every day. I hope I have not said this badly and I hope it helps. I know it isn't a cure all but it is my experience with my own father and my own children. It's just one mans opinion. I hope it helps. God Bless and give him a hug from all of us OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle