My IDI build...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About the precups chambers in the heads... They all need to be the same size... Thats ccing them just to find out what the differances are. Then make them all the same size. Decking the block will create all the pistons raising out of the block the same amount. All this will create the same power pulses to the crank. If there is an imbalance to the crank the hp will be lower... Kinda like a cylinder that isn't up to the same compression as the rest. Balance all the cylinder power pulses. Now getting the air in and out is next. Being that we mostly run a turbo for hp your intake is under pressure thats going to be there... Always. You don't loose boost in the intake when an intake valve opens. The exhaust is under pressure too because of the turbo.. True, the drivers side exhaust manifold is tuff of flow back at cylinder number 8. That turn really reduces effiancy. A stainless steel custom fabricated manifold would really be great... But dealing with what we have to work with must do... For now.... All pistons from Mahle are around 560 thousands thick in the center. Thats the thinnest area too. The low comp pistons from mahle have the pin milled 10 thousands higher up in the piston. That lowers the amount of travel it makes in the stroke. Ture, its still the same circle but it starts 10 thous lower right off the top... Good idea... I hope so... I take no offence with anyone disagreeing with me. I'm learning all the time too but... If I really know what has worked and what hasn't I will not continue to discuss it. The time I have spent is done for all. I always post what works and what doesn't. My mistakes are here also. Sometimes they are a real laugh looking back at them....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 HP at the crank might be possible with a highly non stock fuel system. I think the stock will about limit out at around 275 at the crank, 175 at the wheels.

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be fabricating my own manifolds with 1 7/8" tubing out of the exhaust ports feeding into a 2.5" log type manifold that bends up behind the heads in similar fashion to a powerstroke manifold with 2.5" up-pipes to a T6 flange where the turbo is mounted. The turbo itself will be v-banded to an adapter blowing directly into the intake with water injection nozzles made into the adapter itself. The 5" downpipe will exit over the passenger side valve cover where the stock fuel filter used to be and down and out the fenderwell following outside the framerail to a 5" stack in the bed. How much fuel I can push into the engine will be my only limiting factor here. I'll feed the injection pump with a FASS pump so that fuel flow and pressure will be a non issue. Thanks to all for the recommendations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online