My Fummins Project

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Update.

The swap is complete and on the road again. She is running really good and sounds amazing with the stacks and the 5 speed. tweaked with the pump a little and she will pull a good 20lbs of boost with the baby stock h1c turbo non intercooled. the tranny decided to start making a bunch of bearing noise a couple days ago. i ended up having the flywheel machined and i pressed a bearing in it for the output shaft of the tranny. Just a better feeling than a bushing in there. The alternator was super easy to wire

You must be registered for see images attach

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice work!

Two things: can you tell me who makes the adapter to a ZF5 speed and what clutch/flywheel you ended up using.

You now have the best 3/4 ton truck with the best engine/trans combo. I am truly jealous ;Sweet

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i purchased the plate used for 400$ ;Sweet i did have to cut away at the tranny bell housing to get the cummins starter to bolt in there, if that helps you any if finding what plate i used. The guy named the company that made it and it was not a destroked or fordcummins company.

I used a 90 dodge flywheel that i machined and had a bearing pressed in it. I used a dodge pressure plate and a ford throw out bearing. now i ended up using the ford clutch disk ONLY because it still had some meet left on it. it is slightly smaller than the older dodge small splin disk is but it still has plenty of surface area to grab. The older style small spline Dodge clutch disk will bolt right in place once i decide to change it.

this pushed tranny and tcase back 2 1/4 inches. I shortended the driveline myself and had it balanced after..guy said it was the closest to straight he has ever seen for someone doing it on the garage floor.:sly. I just drilled new holes for the support and that was that. The 4x4 stick was just extended with a piece of 3/16 flat plate.

I did have to beat the fire wall in about an inch and a half maybe. I used ryno lining to cover everything for a nice textured look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online