My first YouTube video! Glow plug test TEST VIDEO

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
've made a test video, it's not that great. but a valiant FIRST try. I had never put a video on YouTube, so salt your criticism a little. My Son was the camera man, and got confused with the controls a little. It'll all be worked out by the time the full video is made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Azfql5AEU

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to switch your wire harness ends to spades, past that, I don't know. If you had a push button already, probably. These were not made for 7.3's though. and the Wellman GP's for 7.3's are NOT self-regulating or dual coiled. These were 8.43 a piece shippped to my door from Indy. Pretty good price, $68 a set.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The camera masks it a little, but they get white hot, and I don't know about anybody else, but I find it impossible/painfull to look at with the naked eye. Really makes you appreciate how they are made, that they can survive that kind of intense heat over and over again.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your first YouTube Vid!!! I thought it was made better than some I've seen, and nice demonstration to boot. After watching I subscribed, so Keep 'em coming. For A first time, Well done!

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera masks it a little, but they get white hot, and I don't know about anybody else, but I find it impossible/painfull to look at with the naked eye. Really makes you appreciate how they are made, that they can survive that kind of intense heat over and over again.

Actually, the camera made these seem more hot. They were more of a yellow hot, than white.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why I'm testing these and others. To see which ones make the grade, and which ones don't!

To the GP's credit, those are self regulating dual coil plugs. That means that as they heat up, they increase resistance to slow the heating, and (hopefully) don't burn out for a long time, ( especially only using them 10 sec at a time with the stock controller) 3 minutes = 15 starts with after glow included.)

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I'm running dual coil wellmans in my truck seeing this makes me feel a bit better about it. A few of the other member here have not had such good luck with wellman GPs. I'm not sure if they were the dual coil plugs or not though.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ONLY the '88's from wellman are dual coils. ALL others are standard single coil plugs. How 6.9L owners get so lucky?

CDX, if you put in '80's, your's can still burn out if over burned.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to watch the video; Excellent job!! I don't know how old your son is but he did a great job with the video! ;Sweet
Very very interesting...I've never seen one lit up either...Very cool:thumbsup:
Keep em coming!!

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 out of 8 done installed in my truck.(after retrieving the tip for a champion in the #7 hole.

Starts better, 12 seconds and its running @ 30 degrees, 20 and its idling smoothly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726