my fauct pump install pics

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
its made to pull fuel (unlike most e-pumps.)
take advantage of this and mount it up in the engine bay.
this way its easy to service and stays in the safety of the engine bay.
its also good to have mounted up here,because it has a built in check valve.meaning your fuel line will remain full despite what fuel/air leaks happen latter down the road,your pump will only have to push air/fuel out of the line in the event of a drain back to the pump it only has a short way to purge the air,and aid in a faster start when them dang leaky caps start leaking on ya.;Sweet
its also all low pressure.don't be afraid to run your own diesel rated rubber fuel line.it's easy as pie.

Problem is my limited space under the hood of the van. :(

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine recently too but haven't had time to install it yet. I need to figure out where I'm going to mount it so I can have some fancy hoses made at the local hose shop. I want them to make them for me so I don't have the chance of my crappy hose job leaking on me.

Looks good though! I like the mounting plate. I have no idea where I'm going to mount mine. I was thinking maybe somewhere underneath where the driver sits, down on the frame so it would be easy to clean the filter if need be.

the mounting bracket was made out stuff in my junk piles. i used 1in angle iron for the bottom and 1/4 aluminum plate. i had to buy 6 bolts,6 lock washers,and 6 nuts all 1/4 the bolts are 1in oh yeah all the hardware is stainless:sly

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this has a water separator in it too? Would be nice since mine is bypassed.
what are you talking about? if its the pre filter the anwers no the pump doesnt have one. you can get a water separator though jegs with the filter and the head for like 40 bucks

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I thought I read in the group buy thread it had a glass bowl and filter that acted as a water separator. I was just wondering if it is going to be one less thing to buy when I put in an order for the pump.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw the fitings are a pain inthe ass to find at part stores/ hardware places around here. they are 1/8npt to a 3/8 barb end also i recomend use elbows instead of the stright ones

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my electric pump so far! I have a Carter P4070 that I installed a couple weeks ago.

I have mine mounted down just above the skidplate, slightly below the bottom of the front tank. I have a 32 micron spin on filter as a prefilter.

I also took the schrader valve off my factory filter head, and instead installed a screw-type bleed valve (taken off the filter head I used for the prefilter). I REALLY like that becase basically I can turn the key to on so the pump kicks on, crack the bleed valve, wait til some fuel squirts out, tighten it back down, and the system is bled.

Also the truck feels like it runs better at lower RPMs with the e-pump, but that's just the butt dyno judgment of it.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this pump works great. now if this damn truck would start and stay running.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online