my fauct pump install pics

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
it has a plastic removable bowl with a 80 micron metal screen inside

That qualifies as a pre filter and water seperator and believe me over time you save a bundle on main filters if you keep an eye on that bowl. If you clean it out before the trash gets solid up about about 1/3 to 1/2 way up you will catch it before it starts letting any water to the main filter and just pop the bowl and clean it off with a can of brake cleaner and you're good to go. If you let it go a little long, then drain teh main filter water drain as well.

It's amazing how much crud that screen catches.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys just using Hose? I wanted to run metal fuel lines but I know it doesn't have to be done that way :(

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut the plastic line just a short ways past the selector valve and spliced the pump in with rubber hose clamped right over the plastic. Works great and that plastic line is so stiff you really can't collapse it by clamping on the hose.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I'm interested it one, but I'm curious as to what happens to the stock pump? Do yall just pull the hoses off and let it go? seems like a temporary fix to a permanent problem...

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
A fuel block-off plate from a Chevy Big Block bolts right onto these engines to block the stock pump port. Even if they did leave the stock pump plugged in all it'd be doing is pumping air....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Cool, I was just wondering because I figured once it started pumping air it would go out pretty quick, figured it might make noise or fall apart and let **** into the motor...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, I was just wondering because I figured once it started pumping air it would go out pretty quick, figured it might make noise or fall apart and let **** into the motor...

It certainly could. I'd be afraid to just leave it in the block. Especially when the fix (pulling, plugging, and bypassing it) is cheap and easy.;Sweet

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online