my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I personally can't WAIT to see the new dyno sheet, so I know what I can expect when I finish bolting parts to my motor. It might be taking longer than expected with the local prices I am getting on studs, and local injectors!!!\\I will most likely be outsourcing my injectors and for SURE my pump to members on here!!!!...you know who you are!!

On the plus side, as soon as my Income tax refund shows up I will have ANOTHER IDI to play with.

What will I need for my IDI to show RPM on a mustang Dyno? I will be rolling my gear on a Mustang and I want to be able to show ROM..just in case there are some locals that don't know how to calculate......me being one of them!!

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more out of curiostiy than i dont belive what you say because i do belive it glad to finally see somebody making bigger numbers out of this old engines id like to just see your setup you have the custom uppipes and all that you mentioned in earlier post and any other lilttle custum things
are you going to be running the to4z wheel this time?

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I will however be taking any and all special requests into consideration, as to what you would like to see, that would make you a full on believer to my new dyno sheet and my "claims".

Alright, I want to see you sitting on top of the cab during the pull holding today's paper in one hand. In the other hand you will be holding a Double Cheeseburger from Mcdonalds while wearing a "Haters gonna hate" T-shirt while wearing a pair of mickey mouse ears from Disneyland.

*****! LOL

I assure you I am kidding, but that is how insane this thread seems to be getting. >_>

Calm down guys, I thought the "implied" name calling and bickering was over on page 18... Everyone has thrown all of their opinions out and now you guys are just stirring the pot. Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Although I'm not a fan of his attitude either, the guy is putting up rather than shutting up. Which I do have to say deserves some respect. Anyone that still disagrees will have a chance to pick through his next pull.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://dynotesting.com/chassis-dyno-states/chassis-dynos-wa.html

I just called every number on the list between yesterday and today. Of those people, only 2 have a dynojet, of those 2, 1 knows for sure he doesnt have a crank sensor, the other told me to call back tuesday when the operator is in.

The others are running mustang dyno or land and sea dyno's.

I am going to do another dyno pull, not only to further prove people wrong, and to help boost my ego, but to also see the results of one of my other idea's I'm going to try out.

So, by next week you guys will have another dyno sheet to look at, with RPM and a real HP curve, so you guys have about a week to start conjuring up excuses and ways that I have cheated the dyno and the oilburners board. I am looking forward to our new controversy;Sweet
heres everyones chance to disprove him he will do anything needed to prove it here. so put youre ideas in before he pulls cause after this im taking this run as true proof of his work pick him out a dyno within a reasonable distance from him that youll trust. the vid could have him going from the dyno being programed for his truck to the pull to the numbers after with no cuts or jumps in video also show under the hood before and after if the opperator will allow you. also video all of the stuff getting hooked up to the motor that will be hooked up like a crank sensor if you can find one. and if anyone disputes after that you can make another video of you giving them the pirate 4x4 salute.

SO GUYS CALL HIM OUT ON EVERYTHING NOW ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF AND TELL HIM HOW TO FIX IT IN THIS VIDEO IF NOT YOURE GONNA NOT HAVE YOURE CHANCE LATER. and keep it civil and no he wont back into another pole on the dyno the dent is proof enough

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
are you going to be running the to4z wheel this time?

Nope, I'm going to be running the engine EXACTLY as it was in the last dyno sheet. I am just going to be testing out timing positions to see their effects.

3 pulls.

2* ATDC
0* (where it currently sits)
2* BTDC (my timing in the last pulls)

These are based off of my luminosity timing mark I made.

I will continue posting in this thread... but only to real TECH questions and comments. I am done entertaining the ********, and people trying to push my buttons, and I think any posts from this point that's purpose is to push buttons... should be deleted.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright well i cant wait to see you new pull nmb2:D
maybe now everyone will stop bickering and all the crap over your pull...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 any bs needs to be cut out take it like youre in debate club or something be civil and logical if you cant do that stay out now hes made his promise and will hold to it and everyone else should too
nmb2 i like that paper idea just to keep some things in line
will you or the opperator drive the truck?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
What will I need for my IDI to show RPM on a mustang Dyno? I will be rolling my gear on a Mustang and I want to be able to show RPM..just in case there are some locals that don't know how to calculate......me being one of them!!

A crank sensor.

I originally thought he could calibrate the rollers to read RPM, but the calibration is to set the start and stop MPH perimeters. My pull was 35mph-70mph, and 40mph-72mph

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
NMB2, my thoughts are to video everything that you possibly can. Document everything you can so that there is no question as to what you did or didn't do.
I'm looking forward to what your numbers are with the rpm's added in.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
NMB2, my thoughts are to video everything that you possibly can. Document everything you can so that there is no question as to what you did or didn't do.
I'm looking forward to what your numbers are with the rpm's added in.

alright, so pretty much just do like I did last time, except hopefully have RPM?

Ok lets say I cannot find a shop that has a crank sensor (one of those shops has to have one I would think?!?!), if I video my tach during the pulls... would that suffice?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I think that it will be a bunch of extra trouble, but get everything you can on video. That way there is less left to speculation.
I would find the shop that has the crank sensor and that's the one to use.
Maybe if none of them have one talk to the operator on video about the calculations and accuracy if you can.
Maybe get your wife to video the run on the monitor.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I think that it will be a bunch of extra trouble, but get everything you can on video. That way there is less left to speculation.
I would find the shop that has the crank sensor and that's the one to use.
Maybe if none of them have one talk to the operator on video about the calculations and accuracy if you can.
Maybe get your wife to video the run on the monitor.

;Sweet

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, I'm going to be running the engine EXACTLY as it was in the last dyno sheet. I am just going to be testing out timing positions to see their effects.

3 pulls.

2* ATDC
0* (where it currently sits)
2* BTDC (my timing in the last pulls)

These are based off of my luminosity timing mark I made.

I will continue posting in this thread... but only to real TECH questions and comments. I am done entertaining the ********, and people trying to push my buttons, and I think any posts from this point that's purpose is to push buttons... should be deleted.

Mel has said it best exactly:

That would be OK with the same tank of fuel, but the other fundamentally difficult task with the luminosity method, is your actuall timing target is arrived at by checking the Cetane value of the fuel. I don't think anyone checks their cetane value, or has the equipment to test it. The chart you would need to reference is below.

You must be registered for see images
and did you know that even if you could find higher cetane rated diesel fuel,than 50.there would be no power increase?
so why would anyone advance so high and go beyond 4 degree's ATDC (if your lucky enough to find such good grade diesel of 50?)
iv gone as far as 3 and besides sounding god awful,there was no power increase beyond 6 ATDC with cetane fuel of 40...just saying.it was a waste of time putting up with an extremely loud engine.:D
i dont know how some of you guys are putting up with 2 degrees or even as far as 0.you must have some good fuel where you are.mine would have taken the rods right out of her by the sounds of it if i left it at just 3 lmao.

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
yall r poking each other with sticks and waiting to find results its not just nmb2 do i gotta go quote yall
ill just list the ppl poking him
sle2115
ocnorb
towtruckdave
just on this page so im going to say this stop acting like 6 year old girls and if you dont got nothing nice to say dont say it, how hard is that. look i aint taking sides here but nmb2 only quotes stupid and puts his twist on it, when you do it. and hes more funny than anything, but asking him how to teach you to back into a pole? really? sounds like how a 6 year old girl would act. how about we start the daycare thread where if you want to bash someone or insult them you put it there. youre gonna act like youre in daycare well maybe we should treat you as such? if this sounds like i got everything straight let me know and back me up so this goes back to the build not who hit what tree

I never poked anyone. Just asked him to answer some questions and be completely honest with us. Is that too much to ask?

I agree most of it has been funny- but I don't consider lying funny, so that is where we will disagree. I was supportive from the start and never doubted anything until the BIG CONFESSION post that many of you seem to have missed. My hope is that he is totally up front from here out and we can all move on.

You calling people names (6 year old girls?? ***?) is really going to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online