My cold weather thread

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lived in Florida all my life. We have our cold snaps, but it almost always gets above freezing at some point in the day. Well, we're in Vermont for Christmas - been here about a week and it has yet to get above 25 degrees. My poor truck is covered in ice and salt. So far, I haven't had any major issues and the truck has done well even without being able to plug it in. My hat is off to you my northern brethern. I would not want to deal with all this weather day in and day out. It just makes everything complicated. I am even using a gallon of window washer a day - something at home I would have to add every once in a while. Its just different, very different.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
You get over it. A gallon of washer fluid sounds like allot, me thinks you be a tail-gatin'

PZ

gandalf

Reaction score
You ain't seen nothing yet, as the saying goes. That's just Fall weather. You probably don't want to be around when it gets cold.

Several years ago my daughter and family were coming here for Christmas. They live on an island six miles off the coast of Maine. We got a call a couple days before they were scheduled to leave. "We may have to delay our visit. We're not able to get off this island. The ocean is frozen almost a mile out from the harbor. It's been -20°F for a couple weeks. The mailboat can't get in through the ice." That's right, 52° below freezing. Now, THAT'S cold.

The next day the Sunbeam (The Maine Seacoast Missionary ship) came through and broke up the ice, so they were able to leave.

For those interested: The Maine Sea Coast Mission

She sent some pictures of the ice just before they left. I stitched three of them together, just to give you an idea. It's thumbnail size, but comes up better when you click on it.

Attachments

• IAH Frozen.jpg
    IAH Frozen.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 16

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
once you live here for a while the washer fluid use comes to a minimum, we havent put washer fluid in our minivan for 3 years now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online