Moving Saturday

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is everyone holding up?

Did the wife type unit kick the donkey out the front seat yet?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grabbed fuel just after Murdo and slipped into Platte just after midnight. Had to tighten my long belts to PS pump as they were squeeling a bit but all is good now. Added another rag to keep the heat shield from wiggling.

Think a tooth is almost popping thru on the bottom so sons been a treat!

tonyj54

Reaction score
Be safe. Just reading trip posts is making me envious for a few hundred miles on the road. We're in Florida, looking for a piece of mountain land in NC, TN, or North Georgia(yeah, I know. Don't hate. lol) to escape these freaking HOT summers. May be time to get on the road and see what's what. Y'all be well.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be safe. Just reading trip posts is making me envious for a few hundred miles on the road. We're in Florida, looking for a piece of mountain land in NC, TN, or North Georgia(yeah, I know. Don't hate. lol) to escape these freaking HOT summers. May be time to get on the road and see what's what. Y'all be well.
Thanks, get some land before everyone realizes they need to go back to growing their own food and focusing on families instead of material.

Stopped in Minnesota for refesher and to let the dog run. Rain is clearing up now finally.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tonyj54

Reaction score
Thanks, get some land before everyone realizes they need to go back to growing their own food and focusing on families instead of material

Yeah, that, too. We moved in with our daughter and son-in-law into his family home in March, after living in our RV's for about five years. Even though we're in town, we're on 1/2 acre, so room for garden, and six laying hens in a nice coop and run. Looking to put up some vegetables in the Fall. Have feelers out on a piece of NC property. 1/2 acre with a creek. Has an old MH on it that we think can be stripped to the frame, then build small house back up on that. Wherever we end up will have garden spot. Have to think on layers, depends on if I want to live there year-round. A distinct possibility for me, not so much for the flat-land'er, though.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Windshield still leaks and its pouring. Great

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My secret.... Gorilla tape!

Didn't seal so well in the cold middle of winter. Almost.

But I left it on there and it sealed as soon as it was warm enough. (Still cold. Just not so cold as the middle of winter.)

I thought about using a heat gun to get it to seal, but didn't want to take the chance of exploding my windshield.

Point is, it should seal fine for you, right now. Even wet...

And on mine, from ten feet away, it just looks like I blacked out the window trim. Should look the same on yours.

Rub it down with a rag really well, and do it again after a couple days... And it could be a permanent fix. Stuff lasts forever, compared to duct tape.

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Prairie is a nice area, and yes: Spotted Cow is a great local beer up there. It always seemed strange to me that all the PNW beers are everywhere now, but I've never seen anything from New Glarus outside of the MN/Wisconsin area.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When are you going to meet Chillman?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.