Moving Saturday

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentleman,

I wanted to get some advice, any needed, on our trip across the country. We will be departing Saturday around 5am and making our way east on 90. Plan is to drive 10 hours a day not including stops. I'll be driving Betsy with the wife, son, and dog, while mom and dad follow behind in the uhaul. Not looking for scenic ideas really since we are in a time crunch, really just last minute truck stuff or tools and gadgets anyone recommends.

I have a wrench roll, some breaker bars and extensions, impact and sockets, zip ties, drop light, spare u joints, and a host of other tools and parts.

All fluids and filters in the truck are new and the belts and coolant were done earlier this year. All lights are fresh and I have spare bulbs and fuses for the whole truck.

I'll post some updates if we have service or wifi along the way. Looks like first stop is Butte. Then Chamberlain the second day. Outside of Chicago third day. Rochester NY fourth. And then home on the fifth day. Aggresive for us but I think we will manage.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you already did this...

-Fuel prices, extra fuel can if you're going thru a high price area so you can load up on the cheap

-Power tools can save your attitude or allow someone less strong to help, impact ftw, extra batt/charger

-Flashlight / headlamps

-AAA? I drove seattle to norcal and it was nice knowing i had a 250 mile tow if need be (starts at 100m and price goes up)

-Sharing your location via Google Maps with the convoy should you get separated. Can be turned on or off as you like

And I carry the following with me everywhere;
3 ton low profile jack
Fluids
Jumpers
Bungee net
Tarp
Best of George Strait

Waze for Ole Smokey, and traffic info

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Ky85 I have just about everything there minus AAA and would have forgot the jack if you hadn't mentioned. Don't know that he wife takes too kindly to ol George. One day

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you keep a couple gallons of coolant in the truck, just because.

Extra belts would be a plus. So bring the old ones, if they aren't broken.

Extra sunglasses.

Something like pillowcases and clips, so you can make temporary sunshades for the baby, or you.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you keep a couple gallons of coolant in the truck, just because.

Extra belts would be a plus. So bring the old ones, if they aren't broken.

Extra sunglasses.

Something like pillowcases and clips, so you can make temporary sunshades for the baby, or you.
I've got some coolant and water left over from before. And I may order some belrs quick. Mainly the big one. They're all gates hd or whatever, but better have it and not need it.

I ordered some rare earth magnet hooks and some tablecloth for enclosing the back!

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with CCR either!
I'll have to check out LeDoux.

Gl with the move @Scotty4

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
CCR's not too bad either. Chris LeDoux mostly sang rodeo songs (at least the older ones were). He's may be something of an acquired taste.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shame, sure you can't leave her there? :angel:

Truth be told mine doesn't have great taste in music either, oh well! LOL
I tried! She wants to come. I have the CCR box set, like 8 discs. No speakers in the truck currently so... we are going to talk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried! She wants to come. I have the CCR box set, like 8 discs. No speakers in the truck currently so... we are going to talk.

Sounds dangerous! Need me to UPS you a pair of speakers LOL

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to do something about that before saturday. Even if you don't actually "install" them by then. Just lay them on the dash or something. Maybe some duct tape to hold them in place.

And I'd be listening to David Crowder and that sort... To each their own.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to do something about that before saturday. Even if you don't actually "install" them by then. Just lay them on the dash or something. Maybe some duct tape to hold them in place.

And I'd be listening to David Crowder and that sort... To each their own.
Im going to look him up!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you got a good list of things to bring. I second the battery operated tools. life savers.
As far as music George Strait is King! love me some Chris Ledoux as well. If I am not listening to country music then it is usually christian music and David Crowder is near the top of the list.

Funny story about him. Years ago out here in Ca they used to do a christian music festival at the Laguna Seca Raceway called Spirit West Coast. We were there one year and David Crowder was kind of a new artist. I knew a couple of his songs but that was it. Earlier in the day we were at a concert, I think it was Seventh Day Slumber, but I cant remember. Anyway my dad elbows me and goes look at that guy. I look over and there is this tall skinny white guy with basically a fro and long scraggly goatee, highwater pants and funky glasses just rocking out. we both kinda chuckle and think nothing of it. Later that night on the main stage we went to the David Crowder concert and low and behold David Crowder was the guy with the goatee and fro from earlier!!! He may look funny but he sure is talented.