Moving Batteries

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ive heard of many moving both batteries to the passenger side, but has anyone on an OBS? Ive seen that behind the battery tray on the passenger side the inner wheel well kinda humps up, Id think it would make the battery sit up to high doing this. Anyone have any insight on this? Id like to do it to move my air intake to the spot where the drivers battery is currently at and box it in for a cold air effect.

Hmm What about moving the drivers side battery back, enough to fit my filter in front to get the cold air. Could I have something going here, or will it not make any performance differences?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I have thought of moving the drivers bat to the pass side. what i am thinking is mabey you could turn the batts so you could put side by side on the pass side and not have to deal with the fender hump.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
This is what i was thinking of. have the battery situated like the one in this truck and have the other bat right beside it. I have not measured anything yet but it looks like it may work. would have to fab up a new bat tray but that is no big deal.

Attachments

• DSC00139[1].JPG
    DSC00139[1].JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 73

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what i was thinking of. have the battery situated like the one in this truck and have the other bat right beside it. I have not measured anything yet but it looks like it may work. would have to fab up a new bat tray but that is no big deal.

powerstroke in a older 70s truck?? nice;Sweet
looks like its 2nd battery just isnt hooked up on drivers side tho.
but anyway ive thinking about doing that setup too. moving both bateries to the passenger side and running somthing like dave7.3 did. but is it enough extra airflow to be worth the work and time involved??

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Ive heard of many moving both batteries to the passenger side, Id like to do it to move my air intake to the spot where the drivers battery is currently at and box it in for a cold air effect.

Pointless. Just use a 460 air intake tube if you want the CAI effect or buy the Hypemax cowl induction

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
no pics but my 86 6.9 has a very similar tube. it just pulls air from the grill instead of trying to pull air from the 1/2" hood gap

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pointless. Just use a 460 air intake tube if you want the CAI effect or buy the Hypemax cowl induction

Actually, I was thinking of doing the same thing. I would also like to move my pass side battery and put my air cleaner there and have a box made at the sheet metal shop that I use for my a/c jobs.
I was just thinking of running a cool air duct into the box and put a lid on it.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score