Moose pump has arrived

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Just opened the box moments ago. Thanks Mel.

Expect some real world comparisons to a stock pump soon.

Oh, and I've not ever changed an IP, do I need to remove all the injector lines or can it be done without taking them off?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
you can pull the pump and the lines as a unit. leave the clamps on the lines and they will stay somewhat aligned.. leave your timing gear cover in place and you can just swap the new pump in. pump only goes on the gear one way. pull the oil fill tube off the gear cover for access to the 12 point 5/16 gear bolts.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Look at Mel's ad in the Marketplace. You've heard of Ken's pumps and injectors right? Mel has come out with his own high powered injection pump, called the Moose Pump. I have a feeling it will be more reliable and more powerful, and the customer support oughta be way ahead of Ken's.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Barney,

If you want some help just give me a jingle... I've had more than my share of IP's off.

Rob pretty much set ya up on the procedure...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barney, read over the fuel servicing article in the Tech section (and the link in my sig). Good luck with the install! I'm looking forward to your review. ;Sweet

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
OK you've had that thing for at least a couple hours now.... how about some results?

;Really

Calvin

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing to it...just make sure that you con't unbolt that IP gear cover that way you can't make your timing gear jump. Make sure you get the thing timed with tools, if Mel and his builder have special specs for these pumps follow them, otherwise its 8.5BTDC @2000RPM with the pulse or 1.5*ATDC at 1400 with the luminosity method. Also be sure to put the injection line clamps and insulators back on when you put the moose pump in. Good luck

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
is it in yet, is it in yet...............how about now....................now:D