Moose Pump & BTS Updates

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yesterday I ran the wheels off my truck taking horses and gear to a show. The trans temp never got past 150 degrees. So thats a good thing. I turned the pump up about half a flat and the pyro really struggled to see 950 degrees. So thats also a good thing. Power was off just a little so I'm turning it up more when the Rodney Red aluminum radiator gets here. The coolant reached 210 degrees but most of the hilly run was 180 to 190. I guess the modification to the htermostat is working out great. Outside temps were around 70 degrees so that played into all the readings some. Finally the blind squirill (thats me) gets an acorn.....:thumbsup: :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see you turning it back up, since you had it on a steady diet of turning it down. Guess you found a need for some of that power eh? ;Sweet Glad it's still holding up for you, oh cursed one. LOL
:hail

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel, I turned it up because I finally went down enough to find that spot that tells you ya went to far this time. The motor ran fine at the lower setting but it was flat and without enough power to get on the freeways safely. I now see some smoke but otherwise the power of the pump has come back. The sund of the motor has deepened too. While driving home last night the temps outside were around 60 degrees and the pyro at 75 mph showed 375 to 400 degrees and 4 lbs of boost. Not bad at all. Yeaterday towing 5000 lbs the boost would stop at 10 lbs like it hit a wall and the pyro would stand on 950 to 1000 degrees pulling some steep hills. I'm impressed with things still. Knowing that I can really turn things up is very satisfiying too. Horsepower is almost unlimited. The aluminum radiator will really change things too. I only wish it was on my doorstep when I get home next week.... Now another bigger question is what to do next... Install the Hypermax intercooler ( about $800.00 in tubes) or install a GearVenders... I really want both but need to decide which is more important now. I will be doing both but the order is still up in the air right now. After that I will be ordering a set of Moose injecters. Then I think thats the end of modifiying my motor. Just the thought of 8 forward gears is really calling my name... Its telling me... Me first and I'll do anything you want.....:rotflmao -Drool

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would think the overdrive would help cool things on the road as well. I would say that would be a way cool addition! Wish I could get one for my 4.10 equipped truck, but it pulls so well, I'll never go back to 3.55's! Then again, I don't have to drive it much at higher speeds either! I drove it to work a couple of times when my Santa Fe was getting fixed, while it handled 70 no problems, it wasn't real happy about it and showed it's frustration by making the fuel gauge drop like a rock! :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary,
As much as I'd love to see you do an intercooler right now, I'd go with the GV first. I put one on the Moose Truck before I ever turbo'd it, and it's still one of the best drivability options money can buy. Once you have one of those, you look at the new trucks on the lot and say "yea, but it doesn't have as many gears as I do.". :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online