Moose Product news

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mel! Way to lay it out there. I'm looking forward to doing more business with you.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
congrats mel! shop looks good and good luck with buisness. maybe someday i'll do buisness with you when i find another idi to build

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I seen the post on Facebook and wondered what was on the horizon.

I can say I an pretty proud to have you open your own shop and still be a huge part of this forum.

Best of luck Mel. I really hope this blooms into something that will keep you happy and make you a fortune for all the hard work you have done and will do.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.... Its time to start chargeing a fee for doing the idi timing. I know you felt it was your mission in life but now its food on the table or material in the shop. Two or three years ago out here on the west coast I knew of only one person that did timing on our beloved idi engines. At that time it was $120.00 and you got 8.5 plus or minus 2 degrees... Not something I felt was worth the $120.00 for guess work even when the guy used a kent moore j33300 meter with a timing lite... I'm betting its now north of $150.00 for the same guesswork timing...

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mel! Its awesome seeing your little venture turning into something much more. I cant wait to see what comes next!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Gary you should charge I know theres not alot to it but I would love to have you time mine just to see how I did. my meter just broke but my pump guy charges 35 which is a steal. But the shop next door to us charges 165+ tax. Woolf that's up there.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Mel, it's with great happiness I read 4 pages of great support for a great person. There is a good portion of OB guys in your area that are anxious for a tour of your new endeavor. I too am only a few hours away if you need anything. Best wishes to you and Suzi.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet:hail:rock::rock:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for web address to Conestoga Diesel..:D

http://conestogadiesel.com

It's not much, but it's there. Feedback would be appreciated.

Gosh, I'm overwhelmed by the good wishes and great community support for my new endevour. You guys were the inspiration for this. Over the last 5 years, I have brokered over 60 Moose Pumps, and everybody has just raved about them. Just like a good chocolate chip cookie recipie, it seems when people get a hold of something that is just plain great, they want more, and my inability to provide them fast enough, and in enough quantity, spured me to do something drastic to fix it. This is great news on so many levels... Not just for me.

My wife lost her teaching job (kind of a mutual parting of ways really), and retired from teaching and grabbed a job at our local grocery. She's happy, but she's burned herself twice, and has to be at work sometimes at 6:00am on a weekend. I wanted to spend more time with her, and she's going to be our office manager.

My son Graham has been disenchanted with his high school. Now in his senior year, he wants more engineering content, but they can't give it to him. We are going to home school him, and he is going to work at our shop as a legit vo-tech opportunity.

The former owner, Glenn, was facing a bleak retirement by selling off his assets one piece at a time. He wanted to retire and couldn't find a buyer for the business. He needed a way out, and now I've not only been able to offer him that, but he is re-invigorated and energized to see the business that he grew from nothing, growing and not only surviving, but it's going to thrive. This new energy has engaged him to stay on as my mentor and trainer, and he will be with us for as long as he wishes, and able to relax and start to enjoy his other hobbies in the building we are vacating.

Our pump god Joel, who left over a year ago, is now in a position to come back. He has indicated to me a willingness to come on board, and we hope to have him on November 1st. This will surely guarantee a healthy supply of Moose Pumps.

And last but not least, our EDM guru Scott, will be working part time cranking out Moose Misters.

So, I need your orders! All orders I have currently will be processed first, so I know a few of you will be glad to hear that. I plan to rebuild many cores and stock them, so exchanges and advanced exchanges will be no problem. Suzi has been busy working on getting our credit card system up and running, so now ordering will be as simple as calling and placing an order.

Yes, we love our IDI customers, but we will love ALL our customers. Cummins, or otherwise. We do turbo's. We are rebuilding one for a Powerstroke right now. We just did a turbo for a volkswagon. I can provide you with injectors of all kinds. We cannot currently test HEUI injectors, but we can rebuild them. I am looking at getting a machine that will bring us up to the modern era on testing injectors, but it is expensive, and will be a while until I can afford it. We do gasoline injectors really well. They get dirt in them, and you can't get it out. We have a great machine that does that and restores performance fully. We do P pumps. We do DT-466 pumps, and are really experts on the Ambac 100. We turn a lot of those up for the tractor pullers. I can't even begin to list all the neat stuff we can do, because even I haven't figured it all out yet. But that won't be for long. Questions welcomed, either here in PM or just give me a call. Thanks again everyone. I want to take care of all of you. Spread the word.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I noticed the website is missing a downloadable job application! LOL

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The only thing I caught when checking the site is on the Products page at the bottom:

>>>>>>>Be sure to put a sheet of paper in the box with the pump, that has your FULL name, Oilburners Avatar name (if applicable), address, telephone number, what your ordering, and your pump's serial number on it.

Should be "you're". Sorry, once a proof reader always a proof reader! May you have great success in your new business!!!! ;Sweet:hail;Sweet:hail;Sweet:hail