Modified IDI to run on WVO or WMO

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Rob I had the concept down but didn't know if there was a speacial fitting for the ends or something homemade now I know. Wabbit thats what I did which works so far and no where near the risk of water in the fuel but its not as effeicient as the coolant running right over the fuel line

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hey Rob here's some pics of my system I mounted the diversion valve to part of the battery tray on our IDI about the only place for it with out making a braket to mount it to and I made a gauge holder for the temp and fuel level of my wvo tank

Attachments

• tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 19
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 17
  • tank3.JPG
    tank3.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 11
  • tank4.JPG
    tank4.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 16
  • tank5.JPG
    tank5.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 16

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nice work Aric! I imagine you get some pretty good heat on the tank from those stacks. Isn't it a sweet feeling to drive around on free fuel? Congrats man, you've got a nice looking/working install there.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Rob I just got back from TN. went 1200 miles and only had to buy 9 gals of diesel as for the heat from the stacks either its not as hot as we think or my temp gauge is faulty I have a piece of aluminum along the bottom of the tank so all the heat has to go up around the tank but the temps never went above 100 degrees in the tank according to my gauge which is fine because I figure my heated line gets it up the rest of the way but I'm afraid when it gets colder it won't heat it enough to be liquid I just used a water temp gauge and sender does anybody know if theres a reason that wouldn't work in oil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online