Milestone

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
Neither my wife or my friends at work understand why i'm so happy that my truck has "such high milage". To them, its "just an ol' beatup work truck"...

I knew you guys would know different.:D Look what happened this morning on the way to work.
You must be registered for see images attach

...and STILL looking sharp.
You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YAAY, We have got to get together when I come to SD. I like telling folks thier new pos will never go as far as my truck. 340.000 so far.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new engine,t-case,and trans to make it to 200k though? this is not the norm. is there a story?
very nice truck by the way!

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
The Engine when I got the truck had a unexplainable crankcase pressure problem. Oil pumping from EVERYWHERE no matter what the breather situation was. Still, have no idea what that was all about...

Then a headgasket let go. I was fed-up, and sprung for the new motor. Hasty? maybe. but I was 20yrs old and it made sense at the time. I swapped the motors with the truck IN THE STREET in a neighborhood that was not impressed with me at all.LOL I spent the next two years spending NOTHING while i paid that credit card back off...

Five years later, the trans got to feel VERY loose. Suddenly release of the throttle would produce some UGLY noises. Releasing the clutch to move forward while rolling backwards would CLUNK the whole truck. 20yr old Danny thought it was fun to show off the trucks ability to brake the tires loose with a firm 1-2 shift (even with the trailer hooked up)cookoo *******....

I did not feel that the trans was reliable, and wanted the peace of mind before it started hauling our new 30ft weekend warrior. T-case was gone through while everything was apart.

Long story short, I was NOT nice to the truck in the past. I have since seen the error of my ways. (the hard way $$$) Good news is, I am VERY confident in this truck as of now..

(if I could just get rid of this new found clutch chatter... its always somthing:D)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Very nice.;Sweet I,m at 257k and can't wait to see it roll over 300,000. You are right, most just don't understand. I just tell them that buying a new truck is the easy way out. Staying faithful to your old stand by even though she may not be worth what you got into her takes dedication...........or maybe I'm just looney.cookoo:rotflmao:rotflmao Good luck man;Sweet That is a super nice looking rig.:thumbsup:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice.;Sweet I,m at 257k and can't wait to see it roll over 300,000. You are right, most just don't understand. I just tell them that buying a new truck is the easy way out. Staying faithful to your old stand by even though she may not be worth what you got into her takes dedication...........or maybe I'm just looney.cookoo:rotflmao:rotflmao Good luck man;Sweet That is a super nice looking rig.:thumbsup:

X2 I am at 265k and trucking.....

Black dawg

Reaction score
It would have been nice if the older ones would have showed the 100k spot.
I have had some really worn out ones that you could only guess.

My current truck shows 64k. When I bought it said 60k and could have passed as 60k, but I knew better. The owner kept saying 160k, almost over did it a little. It was his daily driver, and towed lots of trailers to cali and back. I still wonder if that was 260k.

I have put 100k on since I bought it in 02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger